Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let's Hear It For The Boys

Popping in very quickly this morning to share a few masculine birthday cards I made recently.  As usual, I don't have much time.  I tried to pull an all nighter to meet some deadlines this week and DEAD is what I feel.  I remember when, what seems not so many years ago, I could stay up all night and function the next day.  I guess I have gotten old ( How the H$&& did that happen) because I was so tired yesterday morning that I put my facial moisturizer in my hand and then it went straight on my HAIR!  Thank goodness I had no place to go because I looked like a grease monkey yesterday.  I do not advise putting facial products on your hair.

Moving on to my cards...



This one was made for my LSS store, Simply Scrapbooks.  The inside is a  computer generated saying that I made up.  "Make Believe you are still a kid.  That's what birthdays are all about," is how it should read.  This little guy image cracks me up.  He is by Stamping Bella and his name is Miles ( the dragonfly.)  I call him FLY GUY.  I used the papers by Cosmos Cricket called, "Lil' Man."


Here is another card using this same line of papers and the Embellishment paper to go with it.


 This is probably one of the quickest cards I've ever made.
Here's the inside:



I made this for my neighbor.  He is a quarterback on his football team.  It says, "Hope you SCORE BIG." 

IIIII  thought it was cute.  My son said that I have made a lot better cards.  Well let me just tell you that no boy cares about the card.  He only cares if it has THIS in it....



Yes, I'm aware that the money doesn't fit.  Oops!  It was originally supposed to hold a gift card.  That was the week I was sick or my daughter.  Anyways, no trip to Toys R Us happened.  Cash is always good, right?

Ok, over and out here.  I need to walk the dog and then head to school to treat the kids and teacher to some birthday cookies.

( I deleted my name....I think it's Nikki, but I'm too tired to be sure)

4 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

LOL! Your too funny! You do sound like you need some good rest! I remember one time in college when I was so tired I accidentally picked up finger nail polish remover to clean my face rather than toner! Looked like the same bottle and boy was that a mistake! Burned like you know what! Love the cards!

Take care!
-Stacie

Crystal said...

These are GREAT Nikki what fun design, love that cute image on the first creation, GREAT colors on both girl!!! FANTASTIC Work!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful masculine creations, Nikki!!

Sally said...

Nikki,
Your cards are fabulous and you are right the kids only care about what's inside. Cash is always good....young or old..it's universal! I feel your fatigue. I just asked my hubby this morning... Honey, when did I get old? LOL... Just sort of sneaks up on you, however you have a long way to go before you get OLD! Get some rest...that's an order.. A loving order...
Hugs,
Sally