Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Go Ahead....Wish



Happy Sunday!  Sundays mean it's time for another sketch.  Please check out the PaperWorks Blog for the sketch and to play along.

One thing I have to say is that I usually don't follow a sketch to a tee.  I like to look and think outside the box a little bit.  Instead of using 3 ovals I used one ( Oval Nestabilities) and then added some pink dew drops for my other two "ovals."  I also turned the sketch on the side.  I think that sketches are a great springboard for creativity.  I like to add my twist on it usually.  I really am a rule follower except when it come to sketches.  I'd love to see your take on things.
A few details to my card.  The butterflies are by Basic Grey and Peggy has them on sale HERE.  I embossed them with brown embossing powder onto vellum card stock.  I then used this Taffy Smooch to color in the back.  That gives it a stained glass look.  Did you know that you can apply Smooch right to your stamp and use it like ink?  I just found that out.  My sentiment is done that way.  I love the look.  The paper's are by Bo Bunny's Love Bandit Collection and I used a scrap of green DP to coordinate with it.  Please excuse my wonky stitching.  Sewing is not my best skill.

So give it a try...See what you can do with this week's sketch.



2 comments:

Heidi said...

this card is wonderful, the colors and the sketch as well. So cute.

Crystal said...

Nikki this is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh my word love these colors sweetie and those butterflies are such the perfect touch!!!