Happy Saturday everyone! I do have a few cards today, but I've got to say that my creativity is struggling this last week. I literally sat at my craft table for 2 hours yesterday and didn't produce a darn thing. I have so much on my mind that creativity has been pushed aside I guess. We are prepping to leave for vacation on Monday and I'm trying to squeeze in a bunch of stuff before go. I think my card making mind has already left for Gettysburg:)
I did manage a few cards this morning though. (Scroll down to bypass the chit chat:)
First, can I just tell you about my week? I can laugh about it now, but man has it been rough.
1.Last Sat. we had an impromptu cookout with our friends. As we were sitting around the outdoor table and chairs chatting, my chair literally fell apart with me IN it? Me talking away and then WHAM...on the ground.
2.Next day at the 4H meeting the kids planted flowers at the church and I stood around innocently watching and....got stung by a bee.
3. My very old dog has peed on the carpet FOUR times this week. She does not tickle. She pees a LAKE.
Which is the reason I still have orange carpet from the 70's. She is about 14 now so I try not to get too angry....TRY is the key word.
4. Made Strawberry Jam yesterday while watching 3 boys play in the backyard and 3 kids play in the front yard after spending the morning shopping with kids in tow. Accidentally read the directions wrong and put the berries and sugar together first. Do you know what this makes????? Strawberry syrup not jam. I did have one batch turn out. What do you do with Strawberry Syrup??? Serve it with Ice Cream, Pound Cake, Bananas and Whip Cream for a Strawberry Split Parfait. Totally made that up:D I think it sounds good though.
5. Spent Sunday night up with my son. He had a bellyache. He ate too much junk food at the 4H meeting. This is the THIRD time this has happened. I no longer have sympathy:( grrrrr. Ended up oversleeping and missed my son's tutoring. I NEVER oversleep.
6. Son woke me up in the middle of the night Wednesday to say that he was sleepwalking and opened the front door. Whether or not this is actually true, I'm not sure. He does sleep walk so I am a bit nervous now about him actually walking out the door while we sleep. I think we may need to install a chain....on the front door of course! Not on him...lol. Well, not yet at least.
7.Watched the movie Gettysburg with the family (ok, I fell asleep, but the rest of the family watched it) My hubby wanted the kids to know a little bit about Gettysburg before we go. My son went up to bed and proceeded to CRY because he was so upset. Failed parenting???? I ended up sleeping in his twin size bed with him to calm him down. We're not getting a lot of sleep around here.
8. Dyed my eyebrows and now I look like Groucho Marx. It's ok...a few days of hibernation is good:)
I know what you are thinking..."Why does she keep dyeing things?" ( See Hair Story Here and Here) I'm a slow learner. What can I say. I don't like having ghost brows. I was really picked on as a child for my hair color. That kind of trauma stays with you forever. Which leads me to my last story of the long post.
My son played his last week of baseball. On Tuesday, he asked me why one of the boys gets teary eyed when he strikes out. I explained that some people are just really sensitive. I cry at everything anymore so who am I to say. D then talked to me about himself and his batting and how he has been using 2 other boys' bats. He said, "Yeah, sometimes I use "so and so's "bat and sometimes I use BLANK'S bat (the boy who tears up)....The FREAK." I was so appalled that he would call that boy a "freak." I tore right into him and told him that was awful and mean and he better never say that again. He was like, "What! That's what it's called Mom. His bat is called, "The FREAK." It says so right on it. Don't you ever look??"
Failed parenting again. This is one of those moments where you realize that you just stink. Yet, you are so happy to think that your child is not as awful as you just thought he was. Happy that he is a good kid and disgusted that you thought we was THAT rotten. ( Heavy sigh)
And so.... that has been my week. I can not WAIT for vacation. I'm so looking forward to spending time with my family alone. I may have changed my mind by next week. However, I'm choosing to look on the bright side of life. Do you know that song? It's a bit "catchy." If you hear it you will sing it all day. It's a great way to be. As my kids' principle always says, "Make it a great day, or not, the choice is yours." So I'm going to focus on making lemonade out of lemons or Strawberry Split Parfait out of failed strawberry jam, as the case may be. Regardless, I won't be around next week on the old blog. Hopefully, when I return my Mojo will be here waiting:)
A Crafty Little Place: One for the boys
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: A tribute to fathers
Crazy 4 Challenges- Paper Flowers
SCSColor Challenge- yellow, red, green
Stamp Something Summer