Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Friday, July 30, 2010

More T!M



I'm back with another card for Simply Scrapbooks using Shabby French by Stamper's Anonymous.  This also uses The Girl's Paperie paper called, Green Brocade.  I was looking at a magazine and saw room with this blue and green and had to use it.  My sketch is from CPS this week. If you turn the sketch from 2S4Y upside down it looks like the CPS sketch too:)

 I also used a faux woodgrain which is this week's Ways to Use It 281 Challenge at Splitcoast.  After taking my picture I decided to add some Antique Linen Distress ink along the top to soften the edges.  It looks better now.  Sorry, I didn't want to retake the picture.

Let me give you a few details about this card.  I did the same technique of coloring the flowers and grass with copics and then misting with colorless blender and stamping.  I added a bit of smooch to the flowers, as well as, some tiny rhinestones.  My bird was stamped using Glimmer Mist.  I just sprayed right on the stamp and then stamped about 5 times on paper.  I took the best image from those.  My frame is handmade using chipboard, Labels One Nesties, Tim Holtz White Picket Fence and Rock Candy Distress Paints.  The ribbon is my own and I hope to find time to get that up for sale soon.  Crossing my fingers.X

Ok, off to run a bunch of errands. Grocery shopping with the kids and going to the Scrapbook store...kids in tow....God give me strength...(heavy sigh).







3 comments:

Mandy said...

Love this! Fabulous colors! :)

Michele Gross said...

Oh how pretty! I love your bird and the water color effect is so wonderful. Really great card :)

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura