Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tim Meets The Girl's

The Girl's Paperie Paper that is:)  This paper is so beautiful.  I love how all the patterns have this beautiful, elegant touch with a bit of distressing.  Shabby Chic it is!



This is my take on using my new Tim Holtz stamp set and turning it into something a bit feminine.  Typically, Tim is all grunged up.  I like to take something and use it in a different way.  So this is my version of Stamper's Anonymous stamps and their feminine side.  This set is called Shabby French.  I've never used any TH stamps and it was kind of fun.

The sad thing is that I don't get to keep this card.  It isn't even going to anyone that is special to me.  Nope...it's a bit sad, really.  I will hand this over to my new Design Team Leader at Simply Scrapbooks.  Yep!  I made the DT over there.  Simply Scrapbooks is my "local" scrapbook store.  My friend  would disagree that it is local because it's about 40 minutes away.  However, there is no other "true" scrapbook store that is as close.  To me, it is local.  I have been very busy creating for them.  That is why there has been a lack of posting since I got back from camping.  Five projects due in one week...eeks! 

Speaking of camping, I discovered that taking a vacation is actually good for my stamping "career."  On both of my trips I was able to check my email once or twice and discovered that I had been asked to be on several new Design Teams.  I am really excited about them all.  I'm going to be a bit busy though.  I will let you know more about the other 2 later this week.

Back to my card.  I used some worn lipstick distress stickles for the first time.  I kind of like that stuff.  I was afraid of it for some reason.  I used  copics to color my stamp and then misted with the colorless blender.  This gives a very watercolored appearance.  I wanted those tiny flowers to pop a bit more and that's where I put the distress stickles.  I also sprayed my paper with Perfect Pearls and water to give the paper some shimmer.  I'm not even sure you can see it in the close up, but it's really pretty.  The butterflies were sprayed too!  That flower up on the left is more sewing pattern scraps from my daughter's 4H project and I created my own tag using Labels Eleven Nestabilities.

Speaking of that, BOTH my kids get to go to State with their 4H projects.  I'm so proud of them!  They both asked me though if they would get more money for doing it.  Amazing, huh?  Well, not really.  The 4H adviser
read them a story about a girl who bought a house with her 4H money.  I'm pretty sure THAT isn't going to happen here.  It'd be nice if we could just get back all we've spent on the supplies to make the projects.  I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen either.  You never know though....

I made this card with The Shabby Tea Room Challenge in mind.  It's a recipe this week.  One ribbon, Two buttons, Three die cuts or punches. My flower is made with the large scalloped circle die, Labels Eleven for the tag and an EK success border punch were used.

This is also for the Stamp Something Flowery Challenge.  I'm all about flowers.

I also love some of the challenges they have going on at the Moxie Fab World right now.  This is for the Card Style Shabby Chic and Vintage Challenge.  Go check it out.  It's fun!

Have a great day peeps!  It feels so good to be back to creating.  See you tomorrow!






What's In It?
Stamps: Shabby French Stamper's Anonymous
Ink: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Paper: The Girl's Paperie, white base
Other: mini mister, perfect pearls, copics, seam binding, kioshi buttons, labels eleven and big scalloped circle nestie, sewing machine, worn lipstick stickles, sewing pattern paper, twine, foam tape

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on your job at Simply Scrapbooks! That's fantastic! Sounds like you'll have plenty to keep you busy. Looking forward to seeing your stuff at the store and online! Oh, and this card is lovely, too!

Debbie said...

Very shabby and pretty! I {heart} that Girls' Paperie DSP!! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us this week in the Tea Room, Niki :)

Crystal said...

WOW congrats girl first of all...:) WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL you totally rocked this into a feminine card...LOVE IT!

Deb said...

So pretty,the papers you've used are my fave at the moment. I love how you've the TH stamp,very feminine and your flower is fab.

PapierGirl said...

So pretty and shabby! Love what you did with your new TH stamp and love your flower! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! Congrats on all your new DT spots! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Very pretty floral card creation! Love your watercolor effect on the stamped image and the touches of sparkle, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Congrats and that card is sooooooooo pretty!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Nikki! Thanks again for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Sandy Ang said...

So very pretty and such fresh colours.