Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, September 25, 2008

BAJA WEDDING

Here is a quick post of another card I created using the beautiful paper from SU's Urban Garden. I have to admit that when I first saw the new In Color called Baja Breeze I thought is was just ok. But I'm really starting to like it. I made this card because I need a card for a wedding we are going to in Oct.


You can't really tell from the picture but I used the iridescent ice embossing powder on the main image as well as the sentiment at the bottom. How'd I do it you ask? Well, it's really pretty easy. First you ink up your image with versamark and then ink with the baja breeze. Stamp and cover with the iridescent ice and heat. Voila! Sparkle added in detail. I did something a bit different with the sentiment . However, you could do the same technique as above only using Chocolate Chip ink. (HERE IS AN IMPORTANT TIP: If you are making several of the same card, make sure to wash your stamp before you ink up with the versamark again or you will have a nice image on your versamark pad.)


Ok, moving on from that side note. THis is how I did the bottom. I used Chocolate Chip CRAFT ink and stamped onto the designer paper. Then I applied the embossing powder and heat set with my heating gun.




You can see from the image at the top the sparkly detail. This is enclosed in a chipboard frame. I covered this several times with the Chocolate Chip CRAFT ink.

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Pocket Silouhettes, Heard From the Heart

Ink: Baja Breeze, Craft Choc Chip, Versamark

Paper: Urban Garden DP, Baja Breeze, Whisper White

Accessories: iridescent ice embossing powder, On Board Essentials, Choc Chip Taffeta ribbon, Vintage Brads, embossing buddy.( This is a must to reduce stray flecks of you embossing powder)

No comments: