Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PUTTING SOME SPARKLE IN YOUR DAY (or birthday that is)

As promised I am posting a few cards I was able to finish up the other morning. My goal has been to choose a challenge from the various blogs out there in the wonderful world of talent. So my first card will showcase the challenge to use glitter on a card. And let me tell you what- this card SPARKLES. I have found over the years there are 2 kinds of people..... those that really dig glitter and those that DETESTE it . Usually if you don't care for glitter you fall into a few categories...teacher, janitor, daycare provider, very neat freak, etc. I don't mean to offend anyone. It has just been my experience. I am someone who kind of digs glitter. Not all the time mind you as it does get everywhere. But everyone should sparkle a bit in life. If you have every watched Mr Mongorium's Wonder Emporium then you know that is what life is about...doing what makes you sparkle. So onto the card:








Here is a close up of the chipboard B that I painted with white acrylic paint, let dry and then versamarked and applied iridescent ice embossing powder.


So here is the recipe:
Stamps: Pretty Petals, Just B
Ink: Versamark, Rose Red
Paper: Cert Celery, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Accessories: Glitter, Chipboard, Scalloped Edge Punch, Rose Grosgrain, Heat and Stick powder, Iridescent Ice Embossing powder

Here's how you do the glitter. Ink your stamp with versamark and stamp image on paper. Apply Heat and Stick powder and heat until just glossy with heating tool. Immediately apply glitter all over the heat and stick. Tap off excess and then run the heat over the image again to "set" the glitter. If you do not have Iridescent Ice embossing powder you should really get it. It adds an amazing touch to an image.



Ok, I will post my other card tomorrow as it has taken me all day to get this post completed. We are trying to get ready for camping and I spent most my day doing that on top of work and getting the yard cleaned up from IKE. I'm pooped. See you all tomorrow.

No comments: