Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Question of the Week

I wanted to include a question of the week onto my blog. So my first question is this:

What is your favorite color?




I think this is such a simple question but one that provokes a lot of thought. For me there are different answers depending on what I am thinking about. I mean my all time favorite color is green. But I never wear it because I don't like how I look in green. My favorite color to wear is blue. And when I am stamping or decorating I like to use earthy, fall type colors.

I find that colors speaks to different people in different ways. Below is a list of colors and what they "mean". What do your colors say about you?




Color
Meaning
RED:
warmth, love, anger, danger, boldness, excitement, speed, strength, determination, desire, courage

ORANGE:
cheerfulness, low cost, affordability, enthusiasm, stimulation, creativity
YELLOW:
attention-grabbing, comfort, liveliness, cowardliness, hunger, optimism, overwhelm, Summer, comfort, liveliness, intellect, happiness, energy

GREEN:
durability, reliability, environmental, luxurious, optimism, well-being, nature, calm, relaxation, Spring, safety, honesty, optimism, harmony, freshness

BLUE:
peace, professionalism, loyalty, reliability, honor, melancholia, boredom, coldness, Winter, depth, stability, professionalism, honor, trust

PURPLE:
power, royalty, nobility, elegance, sophistication, artificial, luxury, mystery, royalty, elegance, magic

GRAY:
conservatism, traditionalism, intelligence, serious, dull, uninteresting

BROWN:
relaxing, confident, casual, reassuring, nature, earthy, solid, reliable, genuine, Autumn, endurance

BLACK:
Elegance, sophistication, formality, power, strength, illegality, depression, morbidity, night
WHITE:
Cleanliness, purity, newness, virginity, peace, innocence, simplicity, sterility, snow



I had to look up pink seperately

Pink:calm feelings, to neutralize disorder, relaxation, acceptance, contentment, color of beauty


1 comment:

kathie said...

congratulations on your new blog! i look forward to keeping in touch.

my favorite colors are cerulean and celery green. but i love to wear black.