Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!

I've been wanting to enter the world of blogging for a while now and finally decided to go for it. I am by far a computer wizard so I apologize in advance for errors made in the world of BLOGDOM...not to be confused with boredom. I hope this blog is anything but boring. I will do my best.

So, I decided on Sunday to start my blog officially. However, the remnants of Ike delayed those ideas. Losing power and seeing what survivors in Texas are dealing with made it seem trivial to start something like this. We had quite a bit of damage here and still we are so lucky and blessed.

Also on Sunday, my husband's grandmother passed away. We are leaving for Michigan today to be with family. So, while I start this post on a sad note I am showing a card that is one to focus on....Happiness. This card is also one that we will be making at my stamp camp next Tues the 24th. I hope some of you can join me for this. As always, it is a nice time to visit with other women, moms and friends while creating something to share with someone else....or hoard for yourself. Come on...let's be honest shall we?

So onto the card:


I will provide more details to this card after my class is complete. I will tell you that this is one of the stamps set that is on sale through SU for an additional 15% off called POCKET SILHOUETTES. You can check out the details and images here. Just click on the promotion for Never Before Seen Stamp Sets and it will showcase all the images. Also, if you are interested in learning more about my class please check out my demonstrator website at http://www.nikkischmaltz.stampinup.net/

ABOUT THIS BLOG

Some things you will find each week on this blog are a TIP which may or may not relate to something creative, a QUOTE of the week and hopefully lots of IDEAS and INSPIRATION. I hope to post QUESTIONS so we can get some interaction goin' on! If you know me you know I LOVE to talk. It's a family thing. The great part about this blog is I can chatter away and no one interrupts, well hopefully, and I have no idea if you all have stopped "listening" or not. I also hope to provide you with some LAUGHS which may come at the expense of myself and family but what they don't know won't hurt them. It may cost them years of therapy later in life but hey, I live in the moment. So let's laugh it up shall we?


Now before I go I will post one more card as I am not sure when my next post will be due to our upcoming trip.






This card uses the stamp set called PARTY HEARTY as well as some of the new IN COLORS...Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point. I also used Regal Rose and Rose Red. I ran it through my CUTTLEBUG for some texture and added the decorative edging on the circle with my picking shears. Topped it off with the new Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla Satin Ribgon and VOILA. A Birthday card with pizazz. Ok, I'm off to finish packing. Hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments: