Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, October 22, 2009

5 Kids....

... an hour delay and a cranky baby make for a late post.  We had an hour delay for school this morning which means I had extra children and a bit of a rough morning.  It is now quiet.  Well, except for my husband, who is doing his best to intentionally annoy me at this moment.  You don't need to know all that though...moving on...

Today I have a new card to share that is for the Verve release week challenges and the Moxie fab challenge. ( I decided combining 2 challenges was probably the most I want to do again.  Otherwise it seems a bit too creatively restricting...at least for me.  Anyways, unlike yesterday's card,  I (heart) this card.  I used my favorite Verve stamp set ever and this paper by MME just called to me at the store....I swear.  This card is made with all of you in mind.  You could say it is a card made by me, from Priscilla, to all of you.

Here is the front:




And here is the inside:


I have had so many people ask me about how Priscilla's doing.  So, I asked her to write a few words to put on my blog.  Here is what she sent to me.....



I would like to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has so generously opened up your hearts and sent my family and I your thoughts, prayers, donations and love!  Words can't even begin to express how the kindness and generosity of mere strangers has made me feel!  I am absolutely amazed at how many people, I have never even met, have so generously jumped up to help us during what has been the most trying times of our lives!  Please know that YOU are all appreciated and that I am sending lots of hugs and kisses right back at ya!"


Nikki has also said that many of you have been asking how we are?  Well, 2009 has definitely proven itself to be a bit of a struggle but we'll continue to wade through it and learn whatever lessons there are along the way.  Many people often say to me, "I don't know how you are able to go through what your family is going through and yet still keep going and always with a smile on your face."  The answer to that question is quite simple..."It's because, even though our lives have been turned upside down, we have been reminded of the GOODNESS still left in this world of ours!"  We constantly see and are reminded of the horrible and senseless things people do every time we sit down and watch the local news...it's just so sad and makes me feel completely helpless because I have no solutions to make it better!  ...But, because of people like all of you I have been able to forget about all the hatred, crime and bitterness of our world and FEEL the love that still exists, even if just for a brief moment...YOU have reminded me to continue to believe and have faith! 


I have recently had two more surgeries and continue to go through treatments.  Once my body has healed and becomes stronger, I will be scheduled for two more surgeries.  (The doctors say they split up my procedures so it's less trauma on my body all at once.)  Meanwhile, I'll still get my treatments and be thankful for the small breaks in between rounds.


After Mack's second seizure they put him on seizure medication for the rest of his life and thankfully he hasn't had any other seizures, that we know of for sure.  However, I have suspected that he has had at least one more because one evening he was sitting up on the sofa and "appeared" to be sleeping.  I tried to wake him and couldn't.  Finally, after shaking him and yelling, he opened his eyes.  I asked him if he was ok and he was "talking" to me but I couldn't understand a anything he was saying.  He started drooling, his eyes rolled back into his head and then, he simply appeared to be sleeping again.   


Kaela has continued to see the doctors.  Unfortunately, we did not get good news and she will also be on medication for the rest of her life.  It's nothing life threatening, thank God, but all the same still hard to deal with!  On top of this, she also has to see an orthopedic surgeon for her shoulders and back from the four-car-pile-up we were in a few months ago and will possibly need to have surgery.


So...without babbling on and on forever, that's what's been going on and how we are.  Please know, we will be just fine because we have each other AND all of YOU who have so graciously touched our lives!  Thank you for your kind words, support, donations and most importantly of all...your LOVE!  Please feel free to e-mail me anytime at misscill@yahoo.com.  I would love to hear from each of you and keep in touch!

Lots of love,
Priscilla


As you can see, it hasn't been easy for her.  Please continue to keep Priscilla in your prayers.


  I also wanted to let everyone know that we have having our "BONUS FUN CHALLENGE" on Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this coming Sunday.  Priscilla always does such an amazing job of thinking up fun and new things each time.  Make sure you join us for that.  We always have extra fun and prizes on that day, in addition to our regular weekly  challenge.  Make sure you pop on over for a visit and join in.


Here are the details of my card...

Stamps: Just Because (Verve)
Paper: Penny Lane (MME), DCWV off white textured, whisper white
Ink: Sahara Sand for distressing, MS green craft, Pretty in Pink (marker)
Other: Vanilla taffeta, TPS button, lace, oval nesties, distress tool, dimensionals, scalloped edge punch, Kaiser Lush pearls, twine, sponge


Hope you have a fabulous Thursday!
Nikki


3 comments:

Patti J. said...

Nikki, girl, you just made my day. It's so good to hear from Priscilla, and to get updates on her family situation. What a wonderful, strong woman. How blessed we all are to 'know' her. Thanks darlin' for sharing this with all of us. Hope your day gets better!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hi Nikki! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge--and I'm sure that Priscilla's heart is warmed dearly by your efforts to help make a difference in her life. :)

Dotty Jo said...

Big hugs to you Nikki, and to Priscilla and her family too. Nikki, you have such a big, warm heart - thank goodness for folks like you! Jo x