Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Friday, March 5, 2010

A Whimsy Challenge

 

This is a card I made for the challenge I am posting on the Whimsy Inspirations Blog.  You can check out the details over there.  I made this for a boy named David.  I chose him because of his name ( my husband's), the fact that he has migraines (so do I), and his diagnosis affects his memory.  He struggles in school.  This made me think of my son.  So this card is for him.  You can read about David HERE.
  I used the Whimsy Lion for this card.   I also recently got the Early Bird Kit by Cosmo Cricket.  On the cover it has samples of all the paper and features in the kit.  I couldn't bear to let is go to waste.  So I cut the sample strips out and used them on my card.    I think this card ended up pretty cheery looking.  Please remember that only happy cards should be sent to these children.  I hope you will join in the challenge.  It would mean so much to a little, special someone.
BTW, I put, "Hope you have a GRRRREAT day!" on the inside.  I hope YOU also have a grrrreat day!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Nikki,
Love your card and I am sure David will too! Thought I was the only who used the fronts of paper inserts and magazine fronts. LOL Man we card makers will use anything, just don't lay something down on the counter in my house that you want to keep. Hope all is going well for you and your dad.

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Nikki! This is just DARLING! I love that lion! He's sooo cute! Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Lisa