Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Almost No Stamping Thank You


I made a set of 3 1/2" square thank you cards for some of the mom's that helped with parties this year. They have almost NO stamping. I got to play with some new Sizzix dies and my cuttlebug. Here is a link to how to use many different dies in a cuttlebug. A tip that I have used it to add paper shims one at a time if I seem to be having trouble with cutting. ALWAYS start with the thinness "sandwich" of materials when running things through the cuttlebug so as not to break it.

I haven't participated in a Kwerner color inspiration for a few weeks. I was happy to do that today. I needed a color combo. Here are the tiny cards I came up with. I think they are sooo cute!


My card base is a folded 3 1/2 X 7" piece of Whisper White that is completely covered by a 3 1/2 X 3 1/2" piece of More Mustard. I love that color and I love MUSTARD. Give me mustard with a side of hot dog please:) My daughter HATES mustard. When she was little she used to say in her squeaky voice, "I not like MONstard". So cute. Moving on....I used some DP from an old level one hostess package from SU. This was stitched onto the more mustard . I used several die cuts to created the flower, leaf and tag. They are as follows: Flower Daisies #2, Little Leaves, Lots of Tags. You can find them in the die cutting section on SU's website here. I used a clearanced paper that resembles ruby red for the flowers. The center is a scrap of More Mustard that was punched with my 1/2" circle punch and then run through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder ( Bubbles, I believe). This is all adhered together with 2 way glue and mounted on the card with dimensionals. The leaf was cut out of Kiwi Kiss cardstock as well as the tag. I then also cut out the tags again in white and layered them They are tied with the Riding Hood Red Taffetta ribbon and mounted with dimensionals. The sentiment is from an old Salebration set called Noteworthy and is stamped in Basic Black. While these cards were a bit more time consuming than I originally thought, they came together pretty quickly.

Speaking of Salebration...you still have time to take part in this great Stampin Up "sale". Spend $50 and receive a free stamp set, ribbon or paper from the Salebration brochure. You can email me directly if you would like to place an order. Check the side of my blog for my email.

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Yankee in England said...

What fun thank you cards! With you on the mustard, ketchup is evil!

Anonymous said...

oooo fun and I thought prickly when I opened your link (with a BIG smile)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card.

Dori Shelton said...

These are so cute! That big flower is simply fantastic!

Kari said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the big flower!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love your tiny cards! They turned out great! They would be fun to use as place cards on a party table.

Unknown said...

Wow! Fabulous cards!

sideoats + scribbles said...

WOW, love this! And the photo in your blog header -- so beautiful and peaceful! :)