Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hey Boo Boo...we need a Picinic Basket for our CHOCOLATE:)



Did you love to watch Yogi Bear when you were a little girl? I did. It was my favorite show. When I decided to make this picnic basket I immediately thought of Yogi Bear. I think a PICINIC basket filled with chocolate covered cherries is the ultimate in summer fun. That's right... FOR THE LOVE OF CHOCOLATE is the challenge today at Stamptacular's Sunday Challenge. You can use it anyway you want. I used it several ways First, I used a stamp set called Sweet Chocolate by My Cute Stamps. Second, I used both Choc Chip ink and paper. Third, I filled my basket with homemade chocolate covered cherries. You can find the recipe for these fabulous things HERE

PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL BE POSTING A TUTORIAL ON HOW I MADE THIS BASKET ON MONDAY. PLEASE CHECK BACK:)

Here is a what the basket looks like on the front and back. My chocolate covered cherries (not the real ones;) have been stamped twice, cut out and popped up with dimensionals. I also coated the chocolate part with Crystal Effects.



Here is the inside with the cherries nestled inside some parchment paper. So, who am I giving this too? It will probably never go farther than my kitchen. My family is taking care of eating the cherries and my daughter has asked for the basket. How can I refuse:)?

Make sure you check out all the other really awesome things my fellow design team members made. Such a fun challenge. I hope you can play this week. Our sponsor this week is Die Cut Dreams. Check out the fun things on their website HERE.

Don't forget to check in tomorrow for a complete tutorial on making your own picnic basket.

Basic Recipe:
Stamps:Sweet Chocolate
Ink: Choc Chip, Garden Green, RHR and Real Red
Paper: Bella Rose (SU DP), Pink Pirouette, RHR
Other: Sticky Strip, Crimper, Scalloped Edge Punch, nesties, RHR taffetta Ribbon, dollar spot flowers, bold bright brads, crystal effects, walmart satin pink ribbon. paper piercer, embossing folder. dimensionals

8 comments:

Paula said...

This is soooo adorable...I'm definatley coming back for the tutorial...and the cherries look devine!

Pleasantly,

Paula

Liza said...

This is gorgeous! I can't wait to see your tutorial.

Liza x

Joey said...

Hiya Nikki, this is stunning, just so gorgeous. Joey.x

Anonymous said...

OMG this is fabulous! Can't wait for the tut!

Donna said...

Fabulous picnic basket Nikki, I know Yogi would have loved it and wouldn't have shared with poor boo boo.
hugs
Donna

Mary said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is absolutely stunning!

Carly said...

That is an amazing project! Love it! I can't wait to see the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

This is realy soo beautiful :D

Janneke X