Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Resurrection From the Creative Dead?


Good Morning!  I finally finished a card.  While I really love this, I'm not sure it means I have my Mojo back.  I started this card a few days ago and finally had the gumption to finish it.  I think I currently have 4 projects on my desk waiting to be completed.  Does anyone else do that?  I am so envious of those that can whip up a card in 20 minutes.  I don't think I can do ANYTHING in 20 minutes.  I'm very slow at everything.  It's a family curse. I also wanted to say that  I really  appreciate the words of encouragement yesterday. I know that everyone goes through a creative slump at times.  I am getting ready to go on vacation and I have been trying to get design team work caught up, as well as, projects to show while I am away.  I realized that may not happen.  My blog may be SILENT for a few weeks.  Before it never mattered, but now I KNOW that 64 of you are following my every move..hee hee.  The PRESSURE!  AHHHH!  I don't work well under pressure.  I now know that I am my own worst enemy when it comes to that.  I decided I will do what I can and then come back with a vengence...refreshed, revived and RAAARING to go. ( The raring part is from Father of the Bride II...  Martin Short's character...love that movie)

Ok, enough chatter.  This is a card I started for the MOXIE FAB challenge to use PLUM.  I only know a handful of people who like purple.  I am not one of them.  My mom loves purple though.  I am missing her.  She always reads my blog so she will see her card before she actually gets it.  This ones for you MOM!




 One of my favorite stamp sets was used on this card.  I love the elegance of that "flourish."
I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I also stamped the little flowers in fresh  snow ink and then embossed with iridescent ice.  Each is topped with a tiny pearl.  They say that "Diamonds are a girl's best friend,"  but I prefer pearls.  This rare beauty encased in a hard shelled creature.  There is something very metaphoric about that, don't you think.  I know a few people like that.   My mom is not one, however.  She oozes sweetness.

I also wanted to point out this ribbon rose.  Here is a close up...




This is so simple to make.  I learned how from my very last demo magazine.  I will work on showing you a mini tutorial for next week.

Ok, I'm off to see if I can be a bit more creative.  My son has the assignment of "disguising a turkey" for school.  So we will be "gettin' crafty " as a family today.  Hope you all have a good one.  Check back here tomorrow for a Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

What's In It?
Stamps: Baroque Motif, For You (heidi grace)
Ink: Versamagic Purple Hydrangea, Fresh Snow (PTI)
Paper: Plum Pudding (PTI), White
Other: Plum Pudding satin ribbon, lace, Kaiser pearls, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, iridescent ice, dimensionals, organdy ribbon, pretties kit, cuttlebug EF, corner rounder

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card Nikki - love those colours and that ribbon rose is AMAZING! Please, please promise to keep all 64 of us informed about how your son disguises a turkey, Jo x

Unknown said...

OOOOH Nikki,

I can't wait to receive this card, it's beautiful. I will keep it in my "treasure box" along with all my other treasures. You're right about my reading your blog, it makes me feel close to you and it makes me soooo proud. You too are a "treasure" Love and miss you, Momma

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Nikki!! This is pure gorgeousness!! Seriously, if this is what you make without mojo...sheesh how I wish I were you!! I always struggle to finish cards. Very few are ever, ever made under 3-4 hours. If I make one under an hour, it's a pure fluke and there is much celebration in my stamproom!! Some dancing, arm pumping, squeals of glee, etc. And I currently have two projects in the unfinished stage on my work table. So gf...you are sooooo not alone!! Relax, and enjoy your vacation. All your readers can patiently wait for your return all rejuvenated!! Oh..almost forgot...your ribbon rose is GORGEOUS!! I'd love to learn how to make one of those.

Shawne said...

Very pretty, Purple is hard to use, plum is even harder but you pulled it off, the embossed flowers with pearls and ribbon rose are perfect!

Unknown said...

You see Nikki,
You Mojo may not be back altogether but as someone else has commented - if this is what you do without it - lord help us all when you do finally get it all back!!! Love this card, and it seems your mom loves it too!!! I love purple by the way!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Maren said...

This is stunning!! Love that ribbon and flower...BEAUTIFUL!!

Maren
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

I think this card is lovely!!

Meredith said...

Beautiful card! And Father of the Bride is one of my all time favorite movies!!

Sue Lelli said...

I'm glad you mentioned the irridescent flowers because I enlarged your LOVELY card and saw them! FAB card for your very sweet Mother. PS Have a GREAT vacation and come back with MORE! I love your creations!

Georgia said...

I love your style! Left you an award on my site. I know you already have it, but you deserve two!

cnelson said...

oh so pretty!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Your ribbons are FANTASTIC!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Nikki! Thanks for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)