Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter Blues



Well, I'm not feeling the winter blues, but that is the challenge today over at Stamptacular.  We'd like to see your creations using a winter theme and only shades of blue.  I decided to use this cute image I got at Whimsy Stamps called, " N'ice Friends."  I think this is the cutest snowman.  I had so much fun coloring him.  I decided to use some leftover pieces of sparkly felt.  These are actually scraps from my Popcorn award.  It makes me so happy to use up scraps.  I also used the sketch over at Splitcoast this week.  I really love the sketch so you will see it again in the following week.  My card is finished off with some beautiful PTI ribbon.  I love their dotted satin ribbon! Because I used ribbon, I will also be entering this into the DCRU challenge which ends today.

  So are you ready to play?  Our sponsor this week is InStyle Stamps.  The winner of this challenge will recieve 4 FREE digi images of their choice.  As always, you can check out the design team for some great inspiration to get you started.  They are located on my left sidebar for your convenience.

  Hope you can play along and chase away any winter blues you may have.  If you've got snow send it my way, ok?
                                                                                                                  Copics Used
What's In It?
 Stamps: N'ice Friends (whimsy)
Ink: memento black, spring rain,
Paper: Spring Rain PTI, Prism White,
Other: Snowflake EF, Sparkly Felt, PTI button, snowflake button,  PTI ribbon, dimensionals, Copics, paper piercer


10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card hun, glad its not you with the blues! Jo x

Liza said...

A gorgeous card Nikki, such a cute image.

Liza x

Sammye Jo said...

How adorable Nikki! I love the snow layers! Thanks for playing with us this week at DCRU!

Sammye Jo DCRU DT
My Blog

Patti J said...

Absolutely delightful, Nikki! What pretty colors, and such a darling image - great job of using those scraps, popcorn lady!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very adorable card, Nikki!! I love the blues!! Frosty is too cute!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU!!
Sheri~DCRU DT

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Nikki your paper piercing looks soooo good! Great card, cute image and lovely ribbon. Thanks for joing the DCRU challenge!

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Justine said...

He is super cute, love what you have done with him

Cara said...

Hi, Nikki!! Sooo cute! The ribbon wraps it up just right and makes it perfect for the DCRU challenge this week! TFS!
Cara DCRU DT

LORi said...

Just adorable!! So happy you shared with DCRU this week!!

DCRU HUGS - LORi

Shawne said...

very cute, love the soft blues, and I totally agree with your 1st post!