Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Are You A Shopaholic?

I was down creating yesterday afternoon and watching TV at the same time. On "E" TV they had a segment on the fashions from the new movie based on the Shopaholic book series. I love to shop, but it is usually not for clothing. I'm not much up on fashion at all. I'm a SAHM...not much need to look fabulous. So I thought I would take some of the "knowledge" from that segment and put it into this card. They showed a cute outfit that had a bright yellow jacket over a black and white patterned dress and then a BIG Brilliant Blue Belt...ooh fun to say:) I decided to use the sketch over at Our Creative Corner this week as my starting point. They are having a giveaway this week. Make sure you check it out ok?

So what do you think of my "high fashion" card? This is as high fashion as I'll ever get I'm sure.
My card starts with Basic Black cardstock that is covered in a layer of So Saffron. I stamped in Versamark the swirls from Baroque Motifs and then those little splashes of black are from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. The panel of white was run through my cuttlebug and then mounted on black. I scallop punched the edge and added tiny blue rhinestones from Taylored Expressions Store. Click to enlarge the picture to see them better. They are so fun. The ovals are both classic and scalloped nestabilities by Spellbinders. They are having a giveaway this week on Splitcoast. I stamped Tres Chic Background using Brilliance Black ink. That beautiful satin ribbon was a clearance find at Joann's for 50 cents for the whole spool! WOOHOO! It's so pretty. My big blue flower is from Abundant Blessings by Verve and is black embossed on watercolor paper and then colored with this technique. I used a Brilliant Blue marker and aqua painter for the coloring. I also used my white uniball pen in the center and added another blue rhinestone. The word "Friend" comes from a hostess set called A Little Somethin' and was black embossed and then punch with the medium sized oval punch. I added more rhinestones here. Both the sentiment and flower were adhered with dimensionals...of course;)

I'm off to get ready to go sub today. Yeah! Can't wait for the weekend though.

No comments: