Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St Patrick's Day

By the time you read this post we will have been on the road for a few hours. We have headed off to an area around Lake Michigan. It is an early "spring break" for us. We plan on staying at Great Wolf Lodge and having a blast on the water slides. I do have a few cards made up ahead of time that I plan on posting through the week. Don't hold me to it though. I don't want to take away from our family time. I do want to share a card for the Viva La Verve Challenge that was posted on Friday. This time the "twist" was to make a birthday card. I have been very bad about sending cards lately. I have a few birthdays coming up, so this is a great challenge for me.


I used white as my base and then cut a smaller piece of white to layer on top. This one was embossed with my cuttlebug and swiss dots embossing folder. Next I used some of the designer paper that is in the SAB catalog. I layered those with the same colors: Bashful Blue and So Saffron. This is tied with ribbon from the Ribbon Bundle in the SAB catalog also. My image was stamped in black stazon on white cardstock. It is from Friends are like Flowers. One of my favorite sets. I colored it with prismacolor pencils and baby oil. I tried to make my own scalloped square with the scalloped edge punch. Um...that needs some work. The sentiment was stamped in bashful blue and punch out with a horizontal slot punch and then adhere with dimensionals. A relatively easy card to put together. I hope you can have a go at the challenge.

BTW, I think I have finally settled on a blog design. I really liked my polka dots, but then I saw them on my old computer......Yikes! It was like looking into the sun. Way too bright. So I have opted for this new background...for now. I'm not one for keeping things the same for long creatively. Sorry if I am confusing you.

Thanks for stopping by~!

2 comments:

Rachel Bleich said...

Have fun at Great Wolf Lodge. I totally agree with changing things up a bit, but it must have been your old computer because I like the Polka Dots better (like you really care, but I like to share!)

Joey said...

Hi Nikki, fabulous card, beautiful spring colours. Joey.x