Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm On A Design Team!!!!!!

I have so much to share today that this is going to be a long post. I decided to give you the important stuff first and then if you want to hang around for pictures of my craft area you can towards the end. If you aren't interested is seeing the "fruits of my labor" I'll understand. I mean it only took me 16 hours, but, you know, whatever:)

My first big news is that I have been accepted onto a Design Team for STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY CHALLENGE. I am so honored and excited to be a part of this team. You will notice that I have a new banner on the left side of my blog. Please check out the website and all the terrific girls who are a part of this team. I hope you will decide to join us in the challenges. They are amazing. The first one starts on April 5th so please stay tuned for that. A big THANK YOU to Priscilla for choosing me. I can't wait!

Now onto my card for today. I feel like my mojo may be back. Is that because I used the MOJO MONDAY sketch? Hmmm, maybe:) It's a pretty fabulous sketch. Go check it out and see what you come up with. I will definitely use this sketch again.

Paper: Sahara Sand textured, Choc Chip, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla, Chocolate DP Bella Rose
Ink: Mellow Moss, Choc Chip
Stamps: Thankful Elegance, Serenity (Verve)
Other: Paper Piercer, Vintage Brads (SU), Satin Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

Now onto the pictures of my craft room and how I store various things. First, you need to know that I don't have a "room" per say for my crafts. My room is in our unfinished basement. I love it there because my kids also have a craft area, play area and TV
area down with me. That way we can still spend time together when I am crafting. I love my space and feel very blessed to have such a large area. It is nothing fancy in the way of everything being "matchy, matchy" or with high end storage but it works perfectly for me.

This is the area where I sit and create. I have perfect view of the TV in front of me or I have a radio above me. Sometimes I also plug in my laptop and watch a movie beside me. I have 2 banquet style tables that are pushed together. This is where I hold classes as well.

This is the area where I have my cutting station on the left and my embossing and cuttlebug station in the center of the picture.


Here is a closer look at all my embossing paraphernalia and at the drawers that house the things I use most frequently (ie..markers, dimensional, extra adhesive).

This is a quick shot of how I do my embossing. Here is a great tip provided by my friend Kathie. Take an old cookie sheet or cake pan and wrap in tin foil. This helps to evenly distribute the heat from your embossing gun to your paper and keeps the mess "at bay". I like the cake pan because I can keep little things I am embossing from flying around. When your tin foil gets really messy just replace it. Thanks Kathie for your fabulous tip!


This shows off my cuttlebug area. See those clear crates in the cubbies? Got those at Walmart for $1 and then hold my sizzix dies and embossing folders along with the "sandwich making" components for my cuttlebug. I got my cubbies about 6 years ago at Walmart. They were the BEST investment ever! See how they house all my SU sets and all those little supplies you need within quick reach? So perfect.


This was the free counter/cabinet we got. It didn't come with doors so I may make my own curtains to hide things. At this point it doesn't bother me too much. I have my sewing machine ready for quick stitching projects. That old cassette tape holder houses my In Color ink pads. I have my catalogs , sewing projects and finished cards in here. This was such a great freebie. You can kind of see that my ribbon is also hanging from the wall in gutters. Yep, that's just a section of gutter and it holds ribbon on a spool perfectly. I have my other ribbon in that basket sitting on top.

This is my last picture. Sorry it's crooked. I didn't feel like laying on my table to get a straight one and forgot to fix it. This is a Rubbermaid storage chest. It houses all my alterables, scrap cardstock (CM file folders), extra tools, beads and bags.

I know I have a lot of SHTUFF! Along with a good purge comes a sale. I will be posting a few things on ebay this weekend. I'll provide a link later.

Well that's it for today. Thanks for hanging in until the end. I am really trying to keep my area clean after each crafting session. I don't get anything else out until the stuff from the previous project is put away. My mom is making me (kidding).

See you tomorrow for Work It Girl Wednesday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to working with you and the rest of the team.

Joanne x

Raspberry Cupcake said...

Lovely card, congratulations on the design team membership, and your craft area looks fantastic!

Janneke said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to working with you and the rest of the team.

Janneke X

Joey said...

Hi Nikki, congrats. looking forward to working along side you. joey.x

kathie said...

wow you've been busy! the creative space looks amazing. and congrats on the design team!