Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Easy Designer Paper Card


This is going to be very short and sweet. I have a very busy day today. I made this card pretty quickly with the use of the Urban Garden DP. I also used several of my Sizzlets with my Cuttlebug for quick dimension. I made this card for my uncle who just recently had a heart attack. I wanted him to know that, even though we are far away, he isn't far from our thoughts. If you look closely at the leave die cuts I used a blender pen and NQN ink to add some soft color. I still thought they needed something so I added a silver gellyroll pen to the edges. Also, my Martha Stewart glue pen is perfect for adding glue to these tiny branched areas. I didn't want the entire die cut to be glued down. I like how the leaves seem to grow from under the tag.

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Thoughts and Prayers
Ink: Baja Breeze, NQNavy
Paper: Baja Breeze, NQN, Urban Garden, Whisper White
Other: Cuttlebug, Sizzlets:little leaves and lots of tags, silver brads, silver hodgepodge accessory, silver gelly roll pen, blender pen, dimensionals, Martha Stewart glue pen, white taffetta ribbon

Have a marvelous day!

5 comments:

kathie said...

very nice. can't wait to try that effect with the leaves. i used your "partial pop" idea for a note: drew a girl in a fancy dress and cut the skirt separately and glued the waist down to the girl but used dimensionals (actually scraps of stamp cuts!) along the hem. it was pretty darn cute!

Sprytebyrd said...

Ok, I totally don't like NQ Navy.. but you totally rocked this card! It's beautiful and will make me look at my NQ Navy a little more nicely next time! Gorgeous!

Carly said...

Oh I love this card! The colors and images are amazing. Very nice job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Nikki, love the effect of the leaves growing out from the sentiment.

Joanne x

Liza said...

Great card, love the colours.

Liza x