Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Give Me A Bit A BLING!




Happy Stamptacular Sunday to you!  Our challenge today is to make a card using some BLING!  I'm in a bit of denial that Christmas in only 3 weeks away.  Therefore I just couldn't make anything with a Christmas theme:)  I have been wanting to make a card using a technique I saw on Splitcoast a few weeks ago.  My flower is made using some glimmer mist and a paper towel.  Fun, huh?  I also used the Elegant Flourishes set from Clear Dollar Stamps.  I love flourishes!  Isn't this one beautiful?  I also used a sentiment from a new set by PTI called, "Giga Guidelines."  Please excuse my photo.  For some reason I feel like my pictures are being compressed when I load them onto my computer.  Still trying to figure that one out.  The top of the card uses a Fiskars border punch and some black satin ribbon.  I decided to add my bling using some Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, a rhinestone from my stash and dazzling diamonds.

  Please join us this week.  Everyone can use a little BLING in there lives.  Head on over to the blog so you can see all the DT's projects.

Our Sponsor this week is our own DT member, Paula.  She is giving away this.....



Also Emma Lockley is sponsoring this...




Well, that's all for me today!  We are finishing up our Christmas Village.  My kids can't wait!
Warm Wishes to you!

What's In It?
Stamps: Elegant Flourishes (CDS), Giga Guidelines (PTI)
Ink: Colorbox Maroon, Versafine Black
Paper: Black, white
Other:Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, rhinestone, black satin ribbon (HL), glimmer mist, paper towel, fiskar border punch,dazzling diamonds

4 comments:

Georgia said...

Wow!!! What a neat flower. I'll have to give that a try sometime in the distant future. I know what you mean about denial and Christmas!! Hope you have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Great crd Nikki ;0)

I love the stamp you used, and the bling.

Hugs, Janneke X

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Gorgeous card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your flower is gorgeous Nikki!! And I love the top treatment too!! Beautiful card!