Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snowtacular Sunday Special

Happy Sunday!  Did you all have a great Christmas?  I sure hope so.  I am writing this on Christmas Eve, but I am SURE we had a wonderful time.  Should be returning from Michigan today.  Today is another Stamptacular Sunday challenge and it's a fun one.  Make a project with SNOW!  Oh, how I love snow!  We don't get as much now that we live in Ohio.  When we do get a bunch it makes me SNOW HAPPY:)  That was so lame.


My card today is really very special.  Meet Henry......



 This is a stamp that I purchased from Paper Makeup stamps.  It was created to honor a little boy named Henry who passed away unexpectedly a few months ago.  I think this is such a beautiful thing.  If you look closely, "Henry" has angel wings and he is making snow angels.  I love to make snow angels, especially if it is still  snowing. I love looking up at all the beautiful snowflakes falling gently down and I like to feel the bit of cold as they melt on my face:)

I had a hard time getting this card to work at first.  Then I realized it was because I wasn't allowing the image to speak the message. I cut two circle shapes with my nesties and then added Shimmerz to them.  I think that is hard to see in the photo.  Don't forget you can click on the photo to enlarge it and see more details. My sentiment at the bottom was from my Unity KOTM. IRL it curves.  It was pretty hard to get it to stamp straight:(  The sentiment is a great reminder to me.  I have spent too much time this week stamping and not enough playing and laughing with my kids.

I will have 1 or 2 posts next week because they are all ready to go.  However, I will be taking next week off from stamping ( except when they are sleeping:) and won't be around for next week's Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.  I will return once my kids are back to school.

I hope you get a chance to play along in this fun challenge though.  Our sponsor this week is Card Art with these goodies up for grabs:




Have a great week.  See you in a few for a TIP and funny story that happened to me while getting supplies for my glitter storage tip.

What's In It:
Stamps: Unity KOTM Dec, Henry Snow Angel
Ink: Blue Bayou, Memento Black
Paper: Baja Breeze, white
Other: Circle Nesties, Shimmerz, snowflake EF, Polar White Flower Soft, glitter, Copics, MM brads




4 comments:

Georgia said...

What a wonderful card! I enlarged it to study the details. Wow!!! You nailed it! Thanks for the copic info. Ordered enough to get free shipping!!!!

Donna C said...

Great card Nikki ! I love that stamp ..... now I will have to go " find " one !

Katie Cotton said...

this card is absolutely adorable!!!! I love it!

Aud Kirsten said...

Wow, what a great card! Beautiful image:)

Hugs, Aud Kirsten