Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Howdy!


  I hope you all have had a great holiday!  Our Christmas was so FABULOUS.  My kids were the happiest little campers on Christmas day.  For me, that was the best gift I could have gotten. I treasure this year even more because I think it is the last of what a TRUE Christmas with children will be.  My daughter is in 5th grade and the "questions" have come up...if you catch my drift.  Anyways,  I hope you and your families had a MAGICAL Christmas too!

  I have a few things to share today.  First, I would like to let you know that PaperWorks Co. is having a release party tonight at 8pm in the US or 6pm if you live in Canada.  You can join us in the chat room HERE.
You will first need to register at PaperWorks Co and then you can log in. ( this is located at the top right of the screen)  Better directions and info are HERE.

  Peggy will be giving away a few prizes along the way.  There will also be some great inspirational ideas from the Design Team to get you off to a good start:)  I plan on "being there" so pop in and say, "HI!" if you like.

  Now, I also wanted to share a TIP for how I have started to store my glitter.  I am REALLY big into recycling and re purposing things.  Recently the little one I babysit started eating baby food.  Did you know that the food comes in these tiny plastic containers?



I thought these would be great for storing my glitter, embossing powder, buttons...you name it.  What do you think?  Perfect, right?  So, you either need to go have a baby or find someone who does.  If you live in the Detroit area, my SIL is pregnant with her SIXTH child.  I'm sure she can hook you up with a bunch of these babies....I mean containers:)

Now I like to use a spoon to sprinkle on my glitter or embossing powder.  How about you?  A giant plastic spoon is a bit of overkill, I think.  LIGHT BULB!  I have the perfect solution.  It's not often that I am brilliant, but I think this is a brilliant, if not, fun idea. Mini Spoons! You will need to head to Coldstone Creamery for this.  WHAT!  You don't HAVE a Coldstone Creamery near you.  Ok, let's pause for a moment of silence
.............................................................................................................................................................. 

...............................................................................................................................................................

I think we can move on now.  Here's what you need to do.   Head over to Google and FIND the nearest Coldstone.  Drive, Fly, Cruise to where ever that may be immediately.  Order yourself a LOVE IT sized Coffee Lover's Sundae.  You can thank me later in either stamps or Coldstone gift certificates...I'm not picky:) 

Now, there are several ways you can acquire these MINI spoons.  I needed about 20.

YOU COULD:

1. Tell the workers the sad story of how you don't have a Coldstone near you and you would be so grateful to have (20) mini spoons as a memento of your trip to their amazing ice cream  shop.  I'm sure they will feel so sorry for you that you could get a whole case! Maybe even Free Ice Cream!

2.  Ask to sample 20 different types of ice cream and tuck each spoon in your pocket.  I'm sure this will not impress the help though.  So, you could just do what I did...

3.  Ask if you can buy (20) mini spoons.

  The people were so nice when I was there that they just gave me the spoons tucked nicely into a sundae cup.  See.....




Now I have to share my funny story about the day I went to get these.  I stopped in for the purpose of buying these spoons.  I had been out Christmas shopping and decided to get my kids a Gift Card as well.  I was really hungry and COMPLETELY deserved to buy myself a treat after battling the holiday crowds.  So I ordered my Coffee Lover's, got the GC's and thanked the girl for my free mini spoons.  It was really crowded in the shop so I decided to just get it to go and sit in my card and eat.

  When I got settled and went to pull out the spoon to eat with I realized the girl forgot to give me a normal sized spoon:)  Now, I was not about to go in and ask for a spoon when they had just given me 20 FREE mini spoons.

So I pulled a tiny spoon out .....

 


.......and proceeded to sit and eat in the parking lot.  This is the first time that my ice cream ALMOST melted before I finished it....ALMOST:)  As I was sitting there enjoying my sundae, I happened to look up and see a waitress staring out the window.  (I was parked right in front of a Hamburger Joint.)  Then I noticed that the waitress called another waitress over and they were both peering out the window and pointing.  Oh My Gosh!  They were staring right at me...eating my HUGE sundae with my TINY spoon.  I couldn't believe that people were now forming a small group at the window and peering out at me eating!  I was so self concious that I turned to look away......

AND THAT'S when I noticed the cop car sitting kitty corner from mine with his lights on.  THAT'S what they were looking at....not ME.

What an arrogant, idiot I was to think that all those people had nothing better to do than watch me eat ice cream... in my car... using a tiny spoon!  I just started to crack up at myself.  Seriously CRACKING up, laughing with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I must have looked crazy mad...sitting in my car alone, laughing hysterically with my TINY spoon.  Because then people DID start to look at me.

So here's the tip....NEVER eat with a mini spoon in public.  Instead use it for your glitter and embossing powder like this:





BTW, these little containers fit perfectly into my Sterlite 3 drawer plastic chest.  Now I just have to figure out how to keep each spoon with the container to which it belongs.  Any suggestions?  I'm thinking glue dots or tiny velcro???  What do you think?

That's it for today.  Check back here tomorrow for a project I made using one of the new releases for Little Loud Stamps.  See you then!


4 comments:

Donna C said...

Thanks for the giggle ! We don't have that cool little ice cream store here in Canada where I live... just cold and snow .... and a few cops ! LOL !I'll be seeing you on PWCO tonight if I can convince DH to go and something to do without me ! I am thrilled that there are going to be more Little Loud Stamps after tonight !Now if I could just find some of those little spoons I would be happy ! LOL !

Patti J said...

Oh Nikki...you have no idea how badly I needed to laugh out loud! Girl, I laughed so hard, that my eyes were watering!!! You, my dear, are such a sweetie - I wish we lived closer!!! I can just see you eating an entire treat with one of those teensy spoons! What a great idea you had with those baby food containers! Do you have any problem with static on the plastic? My vote for attaching your spoon would be to use 1/2 of a velcro dot - that way you can get 2 containers out of one dot!!! I will definitely 'see' you tonight!!!

Shawne said...

OMG you are always crackin me up, don't feel bad I always catch myself doing some oddball thing! Those containers are awesome, I saved all of mine until all I was left with were the lids? How does that happen? It won't be long before I'll be getting more! LOL!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

LMAO! You crack me up! What a great story!! I went to a gas station to pick up some slurpy spoon straws...then you can cut them to any length you need. I asked if they sold them and they looked at me funny so then they asked how many I needed and I said about 20. They just gave me a grocery bag and told me to get what I needed! YAH! So maybe another tip for your readers if they don't have a CS...the closest one for us is about an hour away! GASP! I know!! Now I want to go there!! :P
Take care!
-Stacie