Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've Had a Really Blessed Week.

 This is my second post today.  Please scroll down for the PWCO creation.

WOW!  What a week I've had.  I've been really blessed to add a few new banner's to my sidebar.  I recently became Copic Certified.  What an amazing class that was.  I have been practicing what I learned.  The best bit of advice I have heard so far in regards to coloring is to do what works best for you.  Sure, you need the knowledge and there are many different techniques, but I think it's more important to take what you learn and kind of "make it your own" so to speak.  Anyways, I hope to be able to teach a few classes on this in my area in the fall.  I'm taking the summer to practice up.  So, a New Copic Certified Banner is now on my blog.

This week I had a really fabulous stroke of luck over at Moxie Fab World.  I WON the new Sketch issue....EEK!  And Cath gave me a "shout out" for the creation for the Tuesday Trigger.  That card also got me a spot in the Top 5 over at Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Challenge.  Woo hoo!

As if that wasn't enough....I got another shout out from Julee (VerveGirl) whom I adore for my Project Parade card using that little ribbon rose I did a tutorial on last week.  I am on Cloud Nine people.  Really!  That's almost better than winning $25 in Verve cash...well, almost;)

When you feel this blessed you have to pay it forward.  Today I'm making dinner for a family at our church who is having a bit of a rough time.  So, I'm doing a bit there.  I may have to come up with some other way here on the blog.  I need to think about that for a bit.  So stay tuned.

I do have another card to share today.


This was my really quick creation using some new crinkle ribbon and a CAS sketch.  A super easy, fun card.  I used so many different stamp companies on this.....Verve, PTI, Heidi Grace and MFT all played together to make this creation.  I also did something I haven't done before.  I stamped using SMOOCH.  Did you know you can apply that directly to your stamp as an ink.  I never knew....  It's fun!  My flowers and the Mother's Day greeting are all stamped in Taffy Smooch.  LOVE it~!  If you haven't tried this....Go...Do it....Now.  It gives such a pretty shimmer to your image.  I added tiny rhinestones to the center of each flower and used up my scrap of Origins paper.  I'm so proud of how much I am using my scraps.

Ok, off to finish my Beef and Noodles.  That is one thing I can actually cook.  I also have a great recipe that I found this week to share....later.  I've got a billion things to do now.

Thanks for popping in!




What's In It?
Stamps: Friendship HG, Turning a New Leaf PTI, Because Of You Verve, MFT retired set
Ink: New Leaf, Vintage Photo
Paper: Cream, BG Origins DP
Other: crinkle ribbon, taffy smooch, Tiny Twinkles, Nestie Labels, dimensionals, scor tape, sponge

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Sounds like a good week, well done you! Jo x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Congrats! I better watch you for tips on coloring! I do okay but shading still confuses me. And where oh where did you get that crinkle ribbon??? I so NEED some!!! Let me know! Great thing you are doing cooking for others...bless your heart! Your a sweetie! Take care!
Hugs!
-Stacie

Shawne said...

That is so pretty, I love that smooch!

Rachel Bleich said...

Wow what a great week! Congrats to you on all of your accomplishments! This is a beautiful card. It just reminds me I need to get going on my Mother's Day cards!
Rachel

Natasha said...

Beautifully done!!

Meredith said...

Congrats! And this card is stunning!