Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, January 20, 2011

So sorry!

( I don't know what is up with blogger today, but it has compressed my entire post and won't let me change it...ugh!)

 Sorry for the delay.  Weather changes have brought about migraines and working on this computer seems to trigger them more.

I would like to announce that ANNE is the winner of my blog candy.  I had my daughter pick a number and after removing duplicate comments # 27 was Anne

anne said...
I am sorry about your loss... she was an inspiration to us all...I will help spread the word of the fund you have set up in her honor. I have posted a short blog about your site and fund on my website.. I was blessed in my life by a dear friend for at least 3 years of my life, unfortunately she passed away from stomach cancer last Feb.. she was like mother, a sister and a friend wrapped up in one...I will try to be more like her this year in the fact that she was always helpful and never complained... again i am sorry for your loss.. Thanks again to all of you for the nice words and encouragement.  I know that for a long time I will come back to this post and these comments for comfort. I do have a card to share today....
 This is a tent card I made using so many fun things.  I pulled out the glitter and some crepe paper for extra pizzaz on this card.  I used a Pure Innocence Cheerleader stamp and this Cosmo Cricket Pixielicious paper.  I don't think you can tell just how shimmery it is with the glitter in this picture.  I didn't have the right color purple paper to go with this DP.  Soooo, I just colored some Neenah white with my copics (the same color I used on her little outfit) and VOILA!  It matches perfectly now. These cards are super easy and fun to make.  There's a tutorial at Splitcoast HERE.
So what are we celebrating with the "YEAH" card????  
I'm so happy to announce that with a little under $250 I was able to get FIFTEEN coats (boys and girls) and 5 pairs of gloves with 2 hats.  They are in these bags here and I will be delivering them to various schools over the next month.  They may help a kid this year or next.
Edited to add:  I forgot to mention the story.  I got TWO pieces of mail a few weeks ago that were addressed to my mom.  It's been a quite awhile since that has happened.  It's been a year and a half since she lived with me.  I found that "interesting."  Almost like her saying, "hi" to me.  The one piece of mail was from Kohl's.  It was a coupon.  I got one and so did she.  My coupon was for 15% off and her coupon was for 30% off.  She always did get the better coupon:)  I don't know why because she needed no encouragement to shop.  I was able to buy all these coats with her Fund money because Kohl's had their coats on clearance for 70% off.  I got the additional 30% off with her coupon.  I loved the coincidence of it all.  It made me smile and cry.  Most of the coats were under $15 a piece.  THAT is an AMAZING deal.  I love Kohl's and so did my mom.  The bonus was I got $30 in Kohl's bucks that I get to take in tomorrow and buy another few coats:)  My total savings on all those coats was around $650!!!  How's that for being a bargain shopper.  I'm working on making tags to put inside so that children know the coats were a gift from an angel.  That was my step dad's fabulous idea. So, go check out your Kohl's and buy a kid a coat for next year.  At those prices you really can't find an excuse. My blogging friend, Stacie and her mom donated a box full of hats and scarves that her mom makes.  Thank so much Stacie.  They are so pretty and feel so warm.  I'm happy to include them.
  THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO DONATED. 
The link to my Mom's Fund will remain on my blog.  This is something the family and I would love to continue for years to come.  I will be donating a portion of my commission from my Scentsy business to this fund as well.  
WWW.SEALEDWITHASCENT.COM
Thanks again.  Pop back here tomorrow for a Valentine Blog Hop.  I'll also be posting a tutorial this weekend AND participating in another Blog Hop on Monday.  



 

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Congrats, Anne! Luv ya, Nikki!!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Migraines are certainly no fun! Computers do make them worse so I don't blame you for not being on here! Not sure what you take but Excedrin Migraine works for me everytime! Your card is super cute and I love those pom-poms! So darling!! And I'm very happy you were able to get so many items with the money! Even happier they can help those that really need them! :)

Hugs!

Anne said...

Hey Niki..i am glad to hear that you are getting donations for your mothers fund... your daughter picked my name out for the blog candy and I am not sure how to get in touch with you I didn't see an email address so if you could email me @ kerrybaity@yahoo.com
RE: Sealed With a Stamp so we can get each others contact info..
thanks.. each day will get better with time, I promise..it may take a while but you will heal.. I have.

-anne-

Kelly Massman said...

Congrats to your winner! Love your cute card, And, so glad you are getting donations! We give clothes to our local charity--always hoping that they go to someone who is in need!! I suffer from migraines very frequently--so hear me when I say, I really hope you feel better soon!

Justine said...

What a blessing you are! I haven't been blogging much lately (explanation on my blog), It is good to be back and Your post really "warmed" my heart. Big hugz girlfriend

bernietom47 said...

Congrats to Anne!
Love the card.
My DH says I am the queen of bargains but I must bow to you. So glad you got so many coats for such a great cause. They are opening a Khol's here in March, I’m excited. We have a coats for kids program here which I try to donate to each winter. If I can get a deal like you did I will be giving even more next winter.
Praying for relief from the migraines.
Blessings Bernie