Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, January 17, 2011

Thanks So Much

Thanks SOOOO much for all of the wonderful comments that you have been leaving me in regards to my mom.  It means so much.  I am comforted by hearing the wonderful stories of the kindness of others or how my story touched you.  It does not make my life feel better, but I am comforted to know that I am not alone.  I think only time will make things feel better.

I know it has been too long since my last post.  I've had a card made for awhile.  It's been a tough week.  I did not realize that each day is different as you heal.  I am happy to say that the PTO is donating the money from popcorn sales in January to my Mother's Fund.  I also got so many coats last week that will be delivered to various schools this week. I will share pictures of that too. It has been amazing....the support.  Still, my week was tough.  I imagine that will continue to happen. 

I have some things to share.  First, I will be drawing for my blog candy and announcing the winner tomorrow.  There is still time to enter HERE.

Second, I am taking place in a "JUST FOR FUN" Valentine Blog Hop with an old friend of mine from my very first Design Team ever.  That will be so fun.  I LOVE making Valentines.  This year my daughter is old enough that she is only making a few of her own and my son is helping with his.  That makes it even better when you don't have to make 50:D

The blog hop will take place this Friday and go all weekend.  There will be a few prizes along the way.  So stay tuned for that.



  My card today uses the sketch from Verve's VLV weekly challenge.  I love Verve.  Think I may have mentioned that before...*wink*  It has been so long since I have been able to participate in these weekly challenges.  I really hope I can win a free set from the new release.  That would be nice considering that black cloud is still hovering over me.  Really!  I can't say more now, but I truly need some prayers in that department.  OAI!  I'm still trying to find the "silver lining" Sally:)

I used some Amy Butler papers that were on clearance at Joann's and combined them with some old Linen Closet papers by DCWV.  I also paired my favorite Verve stamp set, Thankful Accents, with a PTI set.  This greenish blue color is becoming such a favorite of mine.  It's very soothing.  I also used some Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon that I've had forever.  My goal in the new year is to use more scraps and old stuff. 

I should have another card to share tomorrow using the scraps from this card and a story to share tomorrow.  Also the announcement of the BLOG CANDY WINNER tomorrow.  See you then!  Tomorrow...did I mention tomorrow...lol.  Sometimes I go back and re read my post and realize how redundant I am.  I decided to leave it and just laugh at myself;)


5 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it! Thanks for playing along!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Oh dear....I had hoped all my hot air would of blown that cloud clear away from you by now! Things will get better eventually....they always do!

I am happy to hear that the PTO money from popcorn sales will go to your mother's fund!

And your card is so beautiful!
Hugs!
-Stacie

Sally said...

Gorgeous card. Glad to see you doing a little crafting. Hang in there hun... One day at a time.

bernietom47 said...

Your card is so beautiful!

I am happy to hear that the PTO money will go to your mother's fund! I am sure she is smiling down with such pride in you.

I lost both my parents years ago but still miss them. Still reach for the phone to call. When I'd begin to feel sad I'd force myself to replace those thoughts with memories of happy times with them, I have so many. It’s a habit, I just do it automatically now. This may sound odd but they both loved getting my cards so I still make them Mother's, Father's day, birthday and anniversary cards. I live in a senior park so I can always find someone to give them to but I find it comforting to make them with my parents in mind and remembering how much they enjoyed receiving them. I’m sure you will never stop missing your dear mother. Your grief is still fresh, in time you will find your own way to push away the sadness and remembering her will bring you joy instead. I’m keeping you in my prayers.
Blessings
Bernie

Kelly Massman said...

Hope you are doing better! I know it must be a day to day process!