Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kwerner and WIGW

Yes, I am aware that it is Thursday, not Wednesday, but I believe in wishful thinking. I truly am so far behind on everything household and Christmas related. I spent approximately 6 hours yesterday working on a computer related Christmas project. No wonder the world is so inactive. It takes FOREVER to do something on the computer. So that is why I did not post my project yesterday. Still, I took the time to make a card for Kristina Challenge this am. I am obsessed I tell you. I really like the subdued colors. Makes me feel a bit calm in this hectic time of the year. I may have to stick a few lavender sprigs up my nose to keep that feeling as I head into town though. EEEWWW! Sorry for that visual. Here is my card:
And because I have no time I will come back later to post all details.
UPDATED: Here are the details of my card: Close to Cocoa base was put through my cuttlebug to emboss. The polka dotted paper is a scrap I had leftover from another project. It is by My Mind's Eye. It is layered on top of So Saffron. I used my circle nestabilities for the Baja breeze scallop and then my Creative Memories Circle cutter to layer on the Very Vanilla. This is stamped with Baja Breeze ink using a sentiment from Best Yet. I stamped the bird from the stamp set Always using Close to Cocoa Craft Ink onto Vanilla and clear embossed. I then colored in the flowers with my blender pen and baja and saffron ink. This was cut out and mounted onto the scalloped circle with dimensionals. The two flowers are from the Pretties kit. I wet them with water and then colored with So Saffron ink. The centers are these fuzzy brads from The Paper Studio. They are perfect for all these flower centers. I just love them! I wrapped a section of SU ribbon around the entire thing...cutting a slit on the left side to slide it through and just tied in a knot.

Also, here is my WIGW creation. Believe it or not I had it done on Monday. Then Tuesday had a water issue and it got wet. So if it appears wrinkly that is why. It's funny because after I made it I thought, " I'm never going to give this one away." Just because I liked it so much and knew I could not duplicate it. Well, now I'll never be able to give it away because it's somewhat ruined. That's what happens when you get selfish I guess. I'll be back for details on this as well.

Updated too: The base is Whisper White. I used a strip of Pink Pirouette and stamped using the background stamp Polka Dot with the same ink. I then used the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder in the cuttlebug with the Soft Sky. The scalloped circle is with my nestabilities in Sage Shadow. The images are all cloth-like stickers from EK Success. I got them on clearanced. I then used my Crop a dile to punch out all those coordinating circles and glued on every last one. Then I accidentally spilled water all over it. Don't you hate when that happens?! Ok...off and running. There truly is a God though because basketball practice got cancelled tonight (leaping with joy) THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU, GOD! You really should always be grateful...even for the little things:) Teacher Gifts...here I come.
Thanks for stopping by my little, crazy corner of the world today!

4 comments:

Dori Shelton said...

Very pretty card. I love the details on the bird and the embossing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gorgeous card! I love the big splah of polka dots as a background. Love it!

Savitri said...

So awesome! Love the embossing!

Karla said...

cute card!!