Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another Kwerner Addition for a Special Person

My post for Kristina's color inspiration today was made for a family in Canada. This is for a woman battling cancer. I first read about her on Julie Buhler's blog.( check the left side of my blog for the link) Please take a few moments to go to this post and read about her. It will touch your heart and make you so thankful for your blessings. I hope you can take a few minutes to make or even buy a card to send to her and her family. I understand that her family has an album of all the cards she has received so far. What a wonderful thing the internet and this art of papercrafting can be when we use it to lift the spirits of someone we would never even know about otherwise.

Here is my card for her:


I used the Top Note Die Cut to make my card by cutting through a folded piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. Remember to let the folded edge fall just shy of the end of the die cut. This will prevent you from cutting and having 2 pieces instead of the attached one piece you desire :) I ran this through my cuttlebug for some texture. I then stamped in Black Stazon on Watercolor paper an image from the retired set called Tag Time. I simply colored in the image with orchid opulence, brocade blue, and cert celery markers. I tried to stick to the pale plum and perfect plum but it looked like mud on the image. So, that is the reason I switched colors. This is cut out with the oval nestabilities by Spellbinders. LOVE these! I made my own Bordering Blue ribbon by coloring in the cream taffeta ribbon with my SU chalks. So easy and versatile. ( Check this post for a view of what I mean. I did the same thing for the ribbon on that card as well) I'm so mad that the bow looks twisted in the photo. I must have done that when moving the card. I worked forever to get that ribbon to look right. I will fix it before mailing. Yes, OCD comes out in me at times. My computer is acting up and won't let me add another image of the inside. So, I will just have to tell you that it is a sentiment from the retired set called Hope Is.. and it says " Hope is believing in a brighter tomorrow". I do have more to share but because it is for another challenge I will do it in another post. So happy to post twice in one day! Don't get used to it though. Holidays remember? My posting will be few and far between for the next few weeks so bear with me ok?

PS. My daughter LOVED my creation for her yesterday. AND she ate her lunch. WOOHOO! However, I can't make a box everyday so I am just going to try and be better about giving her little lunchbox notes. She will love those too.
Thanks for looking today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love what you used in this card...looks very pretty and almost resembles your banner!

Anonymous said...

I love the shape of this card! Sending my best wishes, too.

Savitri said...

Gorgeous! I love that shape!!!

Lori said...

Beautiful card! Just great! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on mine!