Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, November 24, 2008

Doin' the Daisy Tango

Sorry I have been such a crappy blogger lately. This past week was a little crazy for me. I didn't get to do ANY challenges. Whenever I have a class it is like that. I have to just stay focused on the task at hand. Not sure why I planned it for when my husband was gone, but it all worked out well. I love to have girls over to create and talk and laugh. I had so much fun. I will show a few of the cards we made over the next few days. One of them will include a tutorial. But for today the card I'm showing uses the set called Upsy Daisy. The title of my post reminds me of the song that Burt on Sesame Street sang about pigeons...Doin the (bru, bru) Pigeon. I know I'm weird but I can't get that song out of my head. Plus I have the visual of him doing the pigeon moves. It's insane, I know. So, about that card:

I cut out on Whisper White Cardstock the Top Note Die Cut Design. Love this! I inked up the stamp with versamark. I then colored only the stems on the stamp using my homemade marker in Kiwi Kiss. Be careful to not do this in reverse or you will have a ink all over your versamark pad. ( You can see how to make your own marker in my tutorial section.) Then I used my SU Chalks and sponge daubers to fill in and highlight the daisies. I used orange and ruby red for this. I touched up the green with my old Olive chalk as well. The sentiment was inked with my "marker" again and then stamped and punched out with the oval punch. I chalked the edges as well. This is then adhered with dimensionals. I stamped the Sanded background onto the Kiwi Kiss Cardstock and layered the main image on top. The whole thing is wrapped with white taffetta ribbon that I colored with my orange chalk. See photo here:

I used a metal ring from the Silver HodgePodge set as an accent piece. All this is mounted on a folded 4 1/4X 11" piece of white cardstock. Well that is all I have time for today. Hope your Monday is great! It's a short week so we are happy here! I hope to be able to get some challenges done this week. My biggest one is getting my Christmas cards done:)

P.S. My free counter must have only been on a trial basis as last week it just disappeared! So even though I was really getting up there in hits we had to start over. Bummer. I'm hoping this new counter sticks around for a while. So hit me!

No comments: