Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, December 1, 2008

Spreading Joy

I did get a chance to stamp just a bit yesterday. I really wanted to try this sketch by Jen Del Muro. I decided to try and include a Limited Supply Challenge that was issued on Splitcoast Stampers. What I should be working on is my own Challenge...my CHRISTMAS CARDS! I'm hoping to get them done by next weekend.
This card features the stamp set Holiday Hedgehogs. I have had this set for so long and ony used it a few times. Can you believe I almost sold it?! These images are sooo cute. I stamped the image in Versafine Black Ink onto Whisper White CS. Then I decided to try something I have never done before. I used my watercolor crayons. I just took my wet paintbrush and picked up some of the color from my crayon and painted it onto the image. I LOVED the results. I am definitely going to be doing this again. I cut this image out with my CM circle cutter and applied Dazzling Diamonds all around the border with 2 way glue. The pixie pink piece is cuttlebugged and layered onto Basic Gray CS. The pink ribbon is from American Crafts and small circle is punched out with a 1"circle punch. It has a snowflake stamped in pixie pink and then the word "joy" stamped overtop in Basic gray. I covered the whole thing with 2 way glue and Dazzled it with diamonds. It is tied on with a retired silver cord from SU. Let me just tell you that this card sparkles. LOTS of glitter! Here is a close up of some glitter.




I have to share with you what my kids did yesterday. They decided to play restaurant which turned into making REAL food with their MADE UP recipes. This is a picture of one of the creations. It is a "salty slit" and a "sprintz". I was told that I couldn't tell what the recipes are as they are TOP SECRET. I'm sure you can figure it out. Let me just say it was very interesting and not too bad. Watch out Giada! ( family joke).

I hope you all had a wonderful ,LONG, holiday weekend. Did you get any Christmas shopping done? I had way more fun shopping online. Free shipping makes it even better:) Have a good one!

No comments: