Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Overindulgence Limited

Good morning to everyone. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. It was my anniversary. And even though my dear hubby was working I was busy making him a "card". I will show that later. It is a dreary day here in our town. So, I'm hoping to be able to do some creating today. However, I woke up with a monster headache so we shall see. I have several things to share today.

The first is a card that is very similar to something from my SU demonstrator magazine. It is one of the cards we made in my class last week. I used Baja Breeze cardstock as my base. A strip of Textured Whisper White makes up the mat on the front. We used the 1", 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" circle punches from SU to make up the various circles on the front of the card. The cardstock used is So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Real Red. I colored the image from the set Party Hearty with Chocolate Chip and Cert. Celery markers and then punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch. The image fits inside the punch perfectly. The little present was inked with Baja Breeze and then punched out and popped up with dimensionals into the center of the main image. Celebrate today was inked with Chocolate Chip and is from the set called Starring You.

This card was another from my class. It uses the sets Snow Burst and Heard from the Heart . I ran the top part of my Whisper White card base through my cuttlebug to create the embossed snowflakes. A strip of Brocade Blue was adhered to the bottom . Then a scallop edged strip of Real Red was layered under a strip of White that I distressed along the top edge with my SU Cutter Kit. The sentiment was colored with my Real Red and Brocade Blue Markers. After adhering this to the card I stamped one of the snowflakes with Brocade Blue ink and added the fine cosmo glitter in blue to areas of the snowflake using my 2 Way Glue Pen. This was then punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch and adhered with a dimensional.

We will now pause from our regularly schedule program for some advice on how to NOT over indulge on Thanksgiving Day...


Let a child cut the Pie. You are sure to not get TOO big of a piece .


This is how my son cut the pie for Thanksgiving. He cracks me up everyday without even trying. I'm not sure how many people he thought we were serving. There were only the four of us for dinner. And yes, that is HOMEMADE:D He also requested we eat on the "chinese" plates...uh that would be the China to translate. Yes, we are very fancy here can't ya tell:)

Back to the regularly scheduled program..


This is the "card" I made for my husband. It is really a small book of quotes and reasons why I love him. When we were dating I made up a list. I still haven't looked at that one to compare what I said back then to what I have written now. I honestly could have written SOO much more but I was running out of time. That's me, "Last Minute Lucy", waiting til the day OF our anniversary. So anyways, this was made with Chipboard and my Top Note Die Cut by SU. I covered it with patterned paper from my vast supply. Everything on the front is either a rub on or sticker except the "U". That is chipboard from SU that is inked in Encore Gold and then Close to Cocoa Craft ink. I don't have all the details of the rub ons and stickers. They are just from my vast supply that I have had for awhile now. The inside is Bazzill paper that I die cut as well. Here is a view of the inside. Excuse the smudged areas but they are private. Also, when I saw that sentiment stamp on the left I knew I had to get it. It is the PERFECT saying for how I feel about my husband. It is from Stampabilities. The trees are from the Retired SU set called Noble Deer.

Thanks for stopping in today. I am still working on my tutorial. I have not forgotten but I have several projects in the works. They are for Christmas so, I will share when I can. Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

kathie said...

how nice! sounds like you've had a nice week!