Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

True Pink Friend

This card I have today if for the Mojo Monday Sketch. It will also have to qualify for my Work it Girl Wednesday card too. I am working on my kids' valentine cards. So, "fun" stamping is limited right now. Also, please note that I have added a new feature on the left of my blog. It is a feature provided my Scrapitude. Basically, it is a color wheel for all SU colors. You put in a color you want to use and it gives you an array of coordinating color options. You can also just choose the "surprise me" option and all the thinking is done for you. So enjoy that. One more thing. My mom pointed out that me saying my husband tolerated my rubber addiction was not really appropriate for my blog. It totally escaped me how that could be interpreted. If you stamp, then you know that means rubber stamp addiction. So, I have corrected it and wanted to apologize if I offended anyone. It was truly an "open mouth, insert foot" mistake. The first of many I'm sure knowing me:( So, Oops! So sorry!

Here are the details to the card. Card base is Kraft with a layer of Pink Pirouette and then some DP from Paper studio. The strip of pink in the center is the scrap I had left from Daisy D. I scallop edge punched that. It has a ribbon from Michael's Mix and Match. The sentiment is stamped in Choc. Chip ink onto Vanilla cardstock and is from Hundred Hearts set by Verve. I layered this onto Pink Pirouette and scallop punched. I just added dots with my Choc Chip marker. The flower was brushed with crystal effects and dipped in Dazzling Diamonds to mimic the heart button that I got at Hobby Lobby. It is a Dress It Up button. Vintage Brads finish this panel off and then it is adhered with dimensionals.

That's all for today. A 2 hour delay for school this am and a Dr. Appt this afternoon make for a VERY short day.

Have a good one!