Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, February 23, 2009

Wishing My Husband A Very Happy Birthday!

I am posting this late because I didn't want my hubby to see his gift before actually GETTING it:)
We have a very busy day of running around and then we are going out to dinner. My husband really hates birthdays ,but I never let him forget that it is a VERY important day. All you have to do is look around at the people who were created because you were born and the lives you have shared in to realize how important your birthday really is. We always have at least a small celebration. I'm excited to give him his gift. I love it so, I hope he does too. It is a photo box that I got on clearance. It was all white so I altered it with some paper and chipboard. Here are pictures of all four sides. The pictures really stink....sorry. I am looking into building my own photo box. I'm hoping that helps.

I used a denim designer paper by The Paper Studio and modge podged it on. Then I covered a variety of chipboard letters with cranberry cardstock and stamped them with the Linen background stamp and versamark. These were modge podged also. The white letter are THICKERS stickers. The heart is from Hundred Hearts (verve) and is stamped in RHR ink onto the cranberry cardstock. I wrote "are" with my white uniball pen and then stamped again with versamark and clear embossed. This was adhere to thin chipboard for more stability. The words "silly and goofy" are stamped with Rough Edges Alphabet (retired) and white craft ink. I then traced it with the uniball pen to deepen the white.

All the pictures inside are various shots of all of us at the Fire Dept. One is a picture from long ago when my husband had me put on a uniform at an Explorer' Event. I always joke that he gave me an initiation into the life of a fireman when we were dating. He had me get in full gear, walk up and down stairs, carry hose and crawl on the ground. For all you people that think being a fireman is "easy" this is one drill that will give you a little better perspective. I guess I passed the initiation:) Here we are 15 years later.

The top opens up and we put candy inside from each of us. There is also an Ipod in there. Now maybe he will stop putting his music on mine. Somewhat self-serving, but it is what it is. We do NOT have the same taste in music so I always joke about his awful music. Then he secretly sticks it on my Ipod and I don't find out until we are FAR from my computer with no way to change it. I'm hoping this will now "cure" that. Knowing him, he'll probably still do it to pick on me. O, I'm outta here. Things to do!

I hope you have a great Monday!

No comments: