Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finally!

I have had a super busy, but fun day. I said I would have a post sometime today. It's just really late. I am hoping to sneak in a power nap before football practice tonight. As my son would say...." I'm so tired I could die like the wind." I have no idea what it means really, but somehow it seems very fitting to say right now:) I made this card in the wee hours of the morning for the Weekend Sketch Challenge. I messed up the stitching, but had no time to reprint and cut the paper. Mistakes = Handmade and Handmade= Goodness and Love, right?

I got this really fabulous paper at the Digichick Boutique. I'm addicted I tell ya. LOVE that digital paper option. I don't have all this extra scrap laying around. This was just released last week and I fell in love with it. Wish I had gotten the coordinating paper when it was on sale. This is called Tiny Princess and I love the soft vintage feel to it. Still using that 50 cent yellow ribbon from Joann's. I also used another stamp from my Unity KOTM (June). I have never really liked the color Sage Shadow from SU, but it went perfectly with this paper. I think this card seems very calming and in my hectic life at the moment I welcome that feeling. I made this for my sister. She just bought her very first home. I know it has been fun, as well as, stressful. I hope this calming color will help her too.

I came up with a very quick tutorial on how to make a coordinating layer for my butterfly located in the top right corner of the card. This is also an option just for making a paper butterfly.



FIRST, I am aware that my punch looks ATROCIOUS in this picture. It is one I have let my kids use for many years. I just recently confiscated it back. I'll try to clean it before my next impromptu tutorial.

What you need:

A heart punch of any size that fits your needs

designer paper....heavy cardstock most likely won't work.....too tough to punch through 2 layers

Here are the supplies I used. Now follow the directions on each picture. Remember that you can click on the picture to enlarge it if you like.






Forgot to mention that you should now punch out the paper, hehehe:)



So that's it. Now here's What's In the Rest of the card:

Stamps: Bevy of Butterflies, June KOTM (Unity),
Ink: Sage Shadown, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Mememto Rich Cocoa
Paper: Tiny Princess digital, barely banana, sage shadow, vanilla,
Other: Ribbon, Oval Nesties, 1 inch circle punch, scalloped edge punch, stickles, Janome Sew Mini



Thanks for stopping by today. You will see my blog changing a bit over the next several weeks. I'm bored with it and working on something else. Bear with me through these changes. I hope to have another challenge card for you tomorrow. Have a super day!

1 comment:

Rachel Bleich said...

I like the new background and header. Cute card. I guess I need to get up in the wee hours to be creative, but I can't function well at that hour!