Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thrifty Thursday!


Just a quick post today. I'm spending the time with family. This is a card I made for the wedding we are attending. I used the invitation as part of the card. It's a great way to recycle other cards. I have subscribed to a food blog and she does something called Thrifty Thursday. It's a way to show how you saved money that week with food in some way. So I decided to use that as my inspiration for this post today. Lord knows that card making isn't cheap even though we like to use that as the basis for starting this craft...."It'll save me more money to make my own cards." Am I right? Then the truth settles in, but by then you are HOOKED. Back to the card. The center image was cut out from her invitation and I used the cracked glass technique. Then I layered it on vellum and black cardstock. The gate fold card was from Papirloftet, already folded. I just stamped with Versafine Black using Baroque Motifs and added some flowers with rhinestone centers. Super easy!

Off to be with family! Have a good day!

No comments: