Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm So Blessed

This card could not be closer to the truth. I am very blessed by so many great friends and family. As I prepare for our annual SMOKERFEST camping trip, I am reminded of all the wonderful times I have shared with family. I'm also so grateful for the friends who help out by watching our home and caring for our animals while we are away. I'm counting the days til I see so many of my family members. We always have THE BEST time!

I created this card for the Paper Craft Planet Saturday Sketch. (BTW, I was very honored to have my card featured in the newsletter this week for last week's sketch challenge.) The funny thing is, it's not a sketch at all, really. It's to make a one layer card which proves to be more challenging than ANY sketch I've ever done. This was my third attempt. The problem is that if you make a mistake, there is no covering it up. I make a lot of mistakes. But, I did persevere and except for the blob of chocolate ink on the "O" I'm very happy with this. Again, better IRL.


I added stickles that aren't dry in the pic. I didn't have time to wait. I made this card by scoring 1/2" in on all four sides. I then created a mat. I sponged Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery inside the mat and stamped my images. TIP: I created my mat out of card stock and plan to keep it for future use.

What's In It?
Stamps: Because of You (Verve), Bundle of Bouquets ( MFT)
Paper: White
Ink: Cert. Celery, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Basic Brown
Other: Fiskar's personal cutter, sponge, stickles

See you tomorrow for a WIGW card!

No comments: