Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday!

I HAVE 2 POSTS TODAY.  PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE.

First I just want to thank everyone for the such wonderful comments on my blog yesterday.  That means so much to me.  Speaking of comments, I had to turn on my comment moderator because I have been getting a lot of spam and inappropriate stuff in my comments section.  PLEASE!  No one look at the nude photos of some chick who left her blog address in my post a few days ago.  I mean really!  I'm confused.  She stumbled upon my blog HOW????  Then decides that I must surely want to see HER blog because papercrafting and nudity have SO much in common.
I say all that and then present to you the birthday card for my hubby that falls into the challenge of Naughty or Nice From Think Ink Tuesday .

 
 I chose Naughty and I'm not going to say why.  If you look at my card closely you can figure it out I'm sure.
This is usually a G rated show here so allow me a little leeway and I promise no more nude blog comments will squeak through.

I am also entering this into this week's Die Cuts R Us.  We were to use Valentine leftovers.  That coupon is from a group of little vintage cards called Calling Cards and they are made by Tattered Angels. The trick with the leftovers is to make a card that ISN'T a valentine.  Well, mine is a birthday card and since they are celebrating Birthdays over at ABC Design Blog I will be entering this in that challenge as well.

I do have another love in my life at the moment.  It's Cosmo.  Cosmo Cricket that is....  Oh I am in love with all their papers.  I just love the way they smell, feel, and look.  Plus the different lines usually can coordinate together.  I used 2 lines on my card today....The Early Bird Collection and Lil Man.

I just wanted to quickly share a picture of my daughter.  She and I decorated cupcakes for my husband's birthday.  Do you remember me telling you my dirty little secret about just eating scoopfuls of frosting???  I LOVE frosting.

Now THIS is how you eat frosting...




  

A girl after my own heart:)
Here are our very unprofessional cupcakes
(We ran out of blue before we could finish)




Thanks for popping in.  Have a great day!
 



What's In It?
Stamps: MCS Clear number set
Ink: memento black, antique linen
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, vanilla
Other: twill, tag punch, twine, buttons, markers, sponge, fiskars border punch, sewing machine

9 comments:

Sally said...

Love your card... and the picture of your little girl eating frostin. You haven't lived until you've eaten frosting. Love the stuff....

Heidi said...

LOL, I am laughing at your post. Don't we all do our stamping in the nude? NOT!

Let me say the card is adorable, your daughter eating frosting is what we all need to do now and then.

Heidi

Dotty Jo said...

Great post Nikki and that frosting does look yummy! Jo x

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Nikki this is a great card. Love the little certificate...too cute. Now as for the icing...we should form a club! My girls and I do that but we also squirt the instant whip topping directly in our mouths. It is a right of passage here for us...LOL! Your cupcakes look sooo yummy, just like your card!

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Cara said...

Nikki, sweet card, hubs will love it and those cupcakes, yummy!! Thanks for sharing your talents with DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Amber said...

Nikki you are just too funny! How could papercrafting and nudity not go together??? LOL!
Love your card, just adorable. And your daughter's frosting is making me hungry! Lovely cupcakes!
Hugs
Amber

Sammye Jo said...

SO cute Nikki! He will love it I am sure! I want some of those cupcake by the way!!

Thanks for joining us at DCRU!


Sammye Jo
DCRU DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card for hubby!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DCRU!!
Sheri
DCRU DT

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great card and yummy looking cupcakes!