Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, February 28, 2010

IN With The OLD...Out With The New


Happy Stamptacular Sunday!  Wow!  I've been saying that for almost a year and today will be my last time saying it.  At least as a design team member.  It's a bit of a sad day for me.  I will miss being a part of this great group and all the fun challenges that Priscilla creates.  I'm still going to participate when I can though.
Today the challenge is to ...

Create a project that replicates"The Good Old Days". This could be something that looks vintage or includes something that just reminds you of something from many years ago when you see it.

 My project today is something that just kind of fell together.  I had these gorgeous Cosmo Cricket papers sitting on my desk looking very vintage ( gingham makes me think vintage?) and these crochet flowers that were in a MME kit that I bought on clearance.  I immediately wanted to use this shaker box template by PTI.  Shaker boxes make me think of the olden days too.

Voila!

 
Of course I had to grunge everything up with my new favorite ink...Antique Linen distress ink.
I also used a quote out of a friendship book that I got at Goodwill for my card. I did a bit of stitching and distressing to that as well.  My yellow flower was made using a scallop circle punch.  I wish I could find the tutorial on that.  It was NOT my idea, but if I can't find the tutorial I may do one myself.  It's so easy!  I layered a crochet flower on top of that and secured it with an old pearl earring that has lost it's mate:)

Here is a better shot of the box top:

 

I love the PTI templates.  For $5 you will get a template for 3 different sized boxes plus 5 different ideas.  My one recommendation when using these templates (especially this one) is to do a "dry run."  I always find out that things come together differently than I thought or I should have put my adhesive here...etc.  After cutting all this stuff out it's a bit disheartening to ruin it because you adhesive is in the wrong place or things didn't line up correctly.  But the result is so beautiful that I will definitely be making more of these.  My daughter has asked for one.  She and my son are my biggest fans.  LOVE THEM!
A few more details about this.  I used an image that I got from one of our sponsors:  Papirloftet.  I also cut out some of the text from that same friendship book and stamped and distressed  it as well.  Nothing says vintage like lace.  I'm really loving the look of lace lately.  Try to say THAT 10 times fast:)

Here is the inside of the box:




So are you ready to take a trip back in time?
You could win a stamp set offered up by our very own Sarah.




Make sure you check out the blog for lots of beautiful inspiration to get you started.  
Don't forget I have ebay things up for auction ending today HERE.

Have a great Sunday!





What's In It:
Stamps: papirloftet postcard stamp, Verve Wishful Elegance
Ink: Versafine Black, antique linen
Paper: Cosmos Cricket Material Girl, Early Bird, vanilla,
Other: lace, book pages, sponge, sewing machine, crochet flower MME, old earring, ribbon, dimensionals, scallop punch, scalloped edge punch, vintage brads

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Happy Sunday Nikki, WOW these are such BEAUTIFUL creations... LOVE the colors and that box is fabulous!!!! BEAUTIFUL sweetie!!!