1. Hugs and Kisses
2. My son telling me," You're the best mom I've ever had:)"
3. My daughter wanting to take care of me when I'm sick
4. My kids dancing, laughing, playing with me.
5. My daughter calling me crazy. Which translates to fun and cool.
6. Kid Giggles...they are the best.
You get the idea..... Kids are great and being a Mom is the best....
And then there are days....
1.Cleaning toothpaste out of the sink
2. Cleaning the bathroom in general...Why can't boys hit that BIG hole???
3. Picking dirty clothes up off the floor for the umpteenth time.
4.Telling and retelling them to feed the dog/clean their room/ take care of their coat, backpack/shoes.
Every once in a while...
You will have the "Mother" of all days......
This is not a good way to start the day. It all started with this:
My son made himself some hot cocoa the night before. He made a complete mess as he was doing so. Spilled the powder all over and sloshed a BIT on the counter. Yes, this is part of learning to do things yourself. I'm aware. However, he put the cup on the table and it sat there all night forming a crust that would cause it to stick to the table. It was sooo stuck I had to add hot water repeatedly to try and dissolve this crust. As I gently, yes gently, tried to twist the cup off....it SUDDENLY released and the hot cocoa inside flew out and across my entire kitchen floor. UGH!!!!!! It even soaked the left side of my body.
Cocoa MOVES, baby! ( Said in my best George (Seinfeld) voice)
There are days when I just should get back in bed.
This was not a good start to my day.
Even though it started out rough it ended up being a great day.
I got into a Copic Certification class! I'm so excited!
It ended with my son and I playing some basketball in the basement and then glittering up some hearts together for his Valentine's.
The JOYS and Tribulations of being a Mom. They are worth it:)
I'll be back later with a card.