Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Birthday Here, A Birthday There, A Birthday Everywhere

It seems as though we know so many people with birthdays these last few weeks and coming up. Stampin Up is also celebrating their 20th Birthday! You may check out the special they have going on here. So, I have been making quite a few birthday cards. I really wanted to start doing a WORK IT GIRL WEDNESDAY, but I was feeling a bit under the weather the last few days and so we are just pretending that today is Wednesday as I post this. WORK IT GIRL WEDNESDAY will consist of me trying to get my MOJO on. These creations will be something I came up with on my own....with out any type of CASING....or so I hope. So here is my first WIGW creation:

Stamps: Party Hearty (special this month), Starring You. Ink: Baja Breeze, Galaxy Marker Cosmet Copper. Paper: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Whisper White, DCWV Fall Color Collection. Accessories: Ribbon from Target $ Spot, Copper cording(SU retired), Sandylion Stickers (CLEARANCED!), SU Top Note Die Cut, CuttlebugSwiss Dots Embossing Folder, Coluzzle Cutting System, Dimensionals.

The reason I love this card:
First, the colors are so unlike me.
Second, I used up some of my scraps...WooHOO!
If any of you have been to my classes you know I have a lot of scrap. Yes, there is an "S" on the front of this word. I have the other too but that is another story. So, anyways, my goal is to get through this pile of "S"crap. I also love that I got to use my new Die Cut from SU. This is a backordered item and I have been patiently waiting for it to arrive and I have ta say...it was worth waiting. I love it and can't wait to use it in my next class! It is an exclusive die cut that you can only get through SU so send me an email if you would like one. It works with the BIG SHOT that is now sold through SU and when purchased as a starter kit edition will automatically qualify you for hostess benefits. I will also include FREE SHIPPING on this order should you decide to make this purchase through me. The link will take you to the online store, however, you must order directly through me for this special deal to apply.


So, are you wondering how I got the 2 different colors onto the "B is for birthday" stamp? Some of you may already know that you just use 2 different colored markers and color directly onto the area of the stamp that you want that color...then huff on it and stamp. But,"SU doesn't make markers for the IN COLOR series of inks " you're thinking, right? ( I do not know why so don't ask) Well, I'm going to show you what to do. Very easy really and you will thank me for introducing this idea to you. It is not my own. I'm not sure whose it is...but I love passing on and sharing knowledge. So here goes:


You need these 2 items:








The Baja Breeze reinker and a product called Fantastix by Tsukineko. These come in a package of like 5 or 6 and you can get them in a brush or blunt tip. Mine here is the brush tip. They are relatively inexpensive. Around $3-5 a pack depending on if you wait for a SALE:)











Now simply add a drop or two to the tip of the brush and voila! you have created your own Baja Breeze Marker. The secret is to not put too much ink on the tip. It doesn't have to be saturated to work. Should the ink dry out simply add another drop of reinker. To finish I label the name of the ink color on the "marker" with a Sharpie.











Proceed by coloring in your image with your new "marker" then huff (like you would to clean a pair of glasses) and stamp.
I hope to post my Question of the Week when I return home from work. Hope you have a blessed day!

No comments: