Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, October 9, 2008

WORK IT GIRL WEDNESDAY...but more like Thursday:)

This is my inspiration for my own challenge today! I find that I often need something to give a little oomph to my creative mind and get it going. This image is from Martha Stewart. Here are the 2, yes TWO, cards that I came up with:




















The first card measures 5 1/4 square. It uses the sanded background in white craft ink on basic black. The new riding hood red cardstock is sewed very wonkily (is this a word?) for that very reason. I don't sew in a straight line too well so let's make it obvious shall we? I used a scrap piece of white taffeta ribbon ( love using scraps) and then some self dyed flowers from the Pretties kit in Red Riding Hood red. Next I embossed tiny dots with black EP on the black cardstock centers. They just needed something so I added a page pebble. The sentiment in the corner is from the Hostess set called BEST YET. I LOVE SENTIMENTS!


This next card reminds me of a MACY's bag. I stamped in versamark on the black with the set Tres Chic. You can't see this in the photo. Then did some paper piercing around the edge. You can't really see this either. The ribbon is from the mini catalog and is Riding Hood Red 1 1/4" stripe. SOOO pretty for the holidays. I used a 5 petal punch ( twice) and then adhered it with the new filigree brads and a rhinestone to top it off. The sentiment was a clearanced item...don't remember who it is by...sorry.




I now have one more card to show. This one uses the aquapainter and some Designer paper. I am very into fall colors usually and most definitely now that it is fall.





Quickly I will showcase the recipe...
This set is called Merci and is retired. Imagine using a set called Merci and then making it into a HAPPY BIRTHDAY card. Weird. The sentiment is also from a retired birthday set that I waited FOREVER to get...and then they retired it.UGH!
Ink: Tango Tangerine, More Mustard, Kiwi Kiss,
Paper: Bella DP, More Mustard, White
Accessories: 1/2" circle punch, Coluzzle Cutting System, Scalloped Edge Punch, Joann's clearanced orange twill, oval punch.

ENJOY and MERCI! for stopping by....

No comments: