Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sympathy News

Yesterday morning I woke up very early to create this card. I do not like making sympathy cards for obvious reasons. This one was exceptionally hard to make and I can say that I am not that pleased with the results. However, I am committed to sending it because I am not sure if the reason for my dislike is that nothing I could make would be comforting for the situation.
A young man that my husband has worked with lost his young wife and their unborn child this past week. I am unsure of all the details as I believe they are still searching for the reason this young woman died and as a result the child was lost as well. Please keep this young fireman in your thoughts and prayers today. He is left with 2 small children. I can not imagine his grief. He was always one of our favorites on my husband's shift. Such a sweet guy! So keep him in your thoughts today and hug your family! I am hoping to post later with something much more uplifting. I am stamping like crazy this weekend. Yeah!


Stamps: Inspired By Nature, Warmest Regards, Weathered, Pocket Silhouettes Ink: White Craft SU, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Versamark Paper: Baja Breeze, NQNavy, Vanilla Other: Target $ Spot brads, Large Oval Punch, Kiwi/Vanilla Satin Ribbon, sponges, Classy brass template Pick a Petal, Metallic Pencils.

I can't remember the name of the Technique for this card. Basically you stamp your image in White Craft Ink on dark cardstock, let dry and then trace over or color the image with colored pencils. I also sponged the edges of the scalloped circle that I traced and cut out from the Classy Brass template to add some depth.

Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful Saturday!

NIKKI

No comments: