Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kristina Werner's Color Combo


I couldn't resist participating in this challenge. I have a real thing for purses....like most women. But I really do a great job of just looking and longing for instead of buying. Mainly because I am very cheap. I loved the look of this tangerine purse. I used to hate the color orange. But, I find myself liking it more and more all the time. October is definitely the month to embrace this color wholeheartedly.


BTW, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! We had the class party today and it went off great. The kid's got slightly spooked by my hairy toe story. Love spooking them a little but I definitely am not into really scary stuff. My kid's made me go through the "haunted trail" that is at one of the houses where we trick or treat. Even in the light of day it made me shiver. Maybe it's just me, but the sight of a wicked looking clown holding a long bladed knife kinda gives me chills.
Enough babbling and onto the pictures....


This card was done using a retired SU set called Mixed Bouquet. I also used a current set called Short and Sweet that you can view here (When you order through me directly you will always receive the "discounted" price). I randomly cut a curved piece of white cardstock and then stamped on it with the Linen background stamp in going gray after stamping off several times. This gives it a little bit of texture. All images were embossed in black and then watercolored in. The teeny flowers are also embossed but were cut out seperately and then glued on. I'm really loving that taffeta ribbon. This one is Riding Hood Red. I used the small and larger oval punches for layering. I feel like I need to paper pierce everything these days. Helps with the stress ya know. Sticking a needle through something can really be great therapy...well depending what you are sticking I guess.
The smudge on the bottom is not added for any particular reason. I just happened to have cleaned up the "bowl of mushy goo" from the party and must not have gotten all the oil off my hands before touching my finished card. UGH! This is my life. A stain here, a stain there, a stain everywhere. Speaking of mushy goo...here are my kids playing in it after school.

Now totally off the subject of stamping I am including a few more pics from Disney for family.





Disney has a way of making you act a little goofy...no pun intended. Oh yeah, and a little fat! We ate desert like twice a day. As you can see, it was good to the last drop:)

No comments: