Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Friday, October 10, 2008

Kristina Werner's Color Combo and Loving a Frog

Today's color combo was rough for me. I made two different cards and don't really like either one. But I am sure the recipients of these will just be happy to get something made from the heart.

Isn't that frog cute on top of all those quilts? I LOVE frogs...not in real life mind you...but I just love their big eyes. And they always seem to have this great big grin. Why do you think that is....flies can't taste THAT great. There is someone else in my family that loves frogs too. My brother seems to have an uncanny affection for them...can you tell?

This is before he had a girlfriend. His thought was that if it worked in fairy tales maybe it would work for him. He is totally going to kill me for this. But it is too cute. My brother is very funny and a great person. Love him to death.




Now onto my two cards....

This card was done on watercolor paper. The set is called Upsy Daisy...really like this set. I used my aquapainter to watercolor the sky using ballet blue. The image was colored directly onto the stamp . Then I misted lightly with water and stamped. I used my new Red Riding Hood taffeta ribbon with a filigree brad and used a blue rhinestone brad for the center. I really love the taffeta ribbon. It is just so soft to look at and feel.



I could not get a good picture for this card...so I apologize. I used the a hostess set called Live Like You Mean It. The background was three scrap pieces layered and adhered then I ran it through my cuttlebug. I sponged on some white craft ink to tone it down a bit. Again with the taffeta ribbon and yellow brads at the corners.
Well thanks for looking today. I have a lot of crafting that I am doing over the weekend. It is not stamping related necessarily but I am hoping to show you some of the fun projects I have in store.
Yesterday was the start of our official count down to Disney. Yes! We are going to Disney World next week. So exciting! So, I have some projects to work on for that and for when we get home...as it will almost be HALLOWEEN! Love Halloween. So I hope to post more on Sunday. Have a great weekend. It is just gorgeous here in southern Ohio.

1 comment:

kareN stampZ said...

Wow upsy daisy took my breath away - stunning