Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, October 5, 2008

CHOCOLATTA GREETINGS

So, I click on an article yesterday about the 7 best anti-aging foods for you and what was at the top of the list......CHOCOLATE! YES! Read on...

Chocolate

The Kuna people of the San Blas islands, off the coast of Panama, have a rate of heart disease that is nine times less than that of mainland Panamanians. The reason? The Kuna drink plenty of a beverage made with generous proportions of cocoa, which is unusually rich in flavanols that help preserve the healthy function of blood vessels. Maintaining youthful blood vessels lowers risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, kidney disease and dementia.
Get sweet satisfaction in seconds with
delicious chocolate recipes, such as Chocolate & Nut Butter Bites (which include two of the 7 anti-aging super foods!):
Chocolate & Nut Butter Bites
8 1/4-ounce squares of bittersweet chocolate4 teaspoons almond, cashew or pistachio butter
Top each chocolate square with 1/2 teaspoon nut butter of your choice (almond, cashew, pistachio). Two sandwiches make one serving.
Per serving: 79 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 12 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium. What you get: Magnesium, copper, chromium. 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving.


Ok, so I'm thinking that a Reese's Cup would qualify, right?! I really don't like to cook and the lazy in me is thinking Reese's is an acceptable substitute. It is my favorite candy bar of all time and God has answered my prayers. I mean, WOW, it will now help me from aging?!! What a fabulous day!



Yesterday I was a crafting fool. I am going to quickly post a few of the projects I worked on. The following are a few things I made for my daughter's friend's birthday party. Which is where she is right now. The first is her bday card....






She is a cheerleader, so the big yellow things are supposed to be pom poms.


I covered a pad of paper with some patterned paper. The box is made with some chipboard coasters. There is also an RSVP pen with the same paper inside to coordinate. I now have to make this for my daughter. She wanted to keep it :) Today is my last day to get to do a bit of stamping. My house is in serious need of attention. Very neglected lately. I hope to be able to post again tomorrow but we shall see how the day unfolds. I will be working on some Halloween things and showing you in the future. Stay tuned and have a beautiful Sunday!

1 comment:

kathie said...

i have to say that the birthday gift is beautiful! sophie was so excited over it as were her party guests. (we also did a bunch of Mad Libs last night!)