Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Monday, August 3, 2009

Cherry On Top



I just have a quick card to share today. I promised my son we would go for a bike ride so this will be quick. I made this for a family member. I am sending out pictures and couldn't just send the pics in an envelope. Nope, that's too easy. So I am frantically working on bunches of cards. This is for the Weekend Sketch Challenge hosted by Beate this week.

Not a big fan of my card. I'm having some MOJO difficulties lately. I think it's because I feel so rushed lately. Being gone all the time, entertaining children and rushing to football every night is draining the creativity right out of me.

Speaking of football, it's been awhile since we've had a "Dose of Dalton" as I like to call it.

My son got to get his pads for football last week. He then proceeded to the table where he was to pick his number for his jersey. So there, surrounded by 3 people from my church, my son loudly announces that he would like number "69." Out of probably 50 numbers left on the sheet that is what he picks. What are the chances...really? Now I realize to an 8 year old this means nothing. I know that it is just a number. BUT, I plan on taking all his jerseys from every sport and creating a memorable quilt for him. Yes, THAT would be VERY memorable. However, I shook my head no and the nice lady recommended another number for him. He will have #65 now and we will be able to continue going to church...I think:)

Back to the card....

What's In It?
Stamps: Unity June KOTM
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Mememto Rich Cocoa, Choc Chip, Sahara Sand
Paper: Kraft, SU retired DP, White,
Other: Copics, Vanilla/Kiwi Satin Ribbon, TPS button, Linen Thread, Scallop Edge Punch, Crystal Effects, corner rounder, paper piercer, dimensionals, uniball gel pen


1 comment:

Pam Speidel said...

Happy Hi Nikki! Thank U for visiting my blog and leaving a comment which has led me to yours! I love it when that happens! You've definitely got your mojo going on girl! This card is SWEET!
Also, got a chuckle out of your little story of your son picking his jersey #. Funny!
Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U! :)