Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's The Final Countdown!

The Final Countdown was an 80's song. If you don't remember it you can watch it HERE. The countdown for today though is 3,2,1.....3 brads, 2 designer papers and 1 flower on your project. That's your challenge issued by Priscilla on Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog. Go check out some cute samples of the design teams' work. They are on my left sidebar for your convenient viewing pleasure:)


I dug out some designer paper I have had for awhile now and kind of went out of my comfort zone. Not too much though. The black DP was a little BOLD and BUSY for me. So, I decided to cover it with vellum cardstock. That toned it down quite a bit. How did I attach it since they are the same size and all my glue would show? I stitched it together using embroidery floss. First, I pierced the holes through both layers. Here is a great tip on how to pierce circles. Go get a plastic canvas piece from the embroidering section of your local craft store in a circular shape.

Here is picture of mine and the piece I was sewing when I was almost finished ( and thought to take a picture.....lightbulb!)



Such a great investment...only about 50 cents. I layered my sewn project using dimensionals onto a scalloped circle. Both of my butterflies are embossed. One with Iridescent Ice and the other with Black EP. I freehand cut a black "mat" for the small butterfly. The large butterfly is was sprayed with water and then baja breeze ink was swirled around on top. Then I painted it with Shimmerz and added a bit of stickles. I think it would look better with watercolor paper instead of plain white. I'll try that technique again.

I think everything else is pretty self explanatory. Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you can join in the fun. There were some really cute projects from last week's challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with this week.

What's In It:
Stamps: Bevy of Butterflies (Unity), Because of you (Verve)
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Black, Baja Breeze
Paper: We R Memory Keepers DP, Baja Breeze, Black, Vellum cardstock,
Other: plastic canvas circle, paper piercer, embroidery floss, black EP, Iridescent Ice, dimensionals, soft sky ribbon, velvet brads and black flower from The Paper Studio, jumbo brads (MM), scalloped circle nesties


BTW, if you like what you see, why not follow me. Sign up on my side bar. Thanks!


Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Liza said...

Gorgeous Nikki and thanks for sharing the tip.

Liza x

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki~ Fabulous card as always. Excellent idea for the vellum! Thank you for the punch tip! I always wondered how they did that.

Carly said...

So stunning!! I just love the vellum and great tip! Hugs, Carly

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Nikki, thanks for the great tip.

Love your new look blog too!!

Joanne x

Anonymous said...

Great card ;0)

Thanks for the tip!

Janneke X