Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sharing In Your Sorrow

I made this card for one of my husband's cousins from Canada. She recently lost her dad. We were very blessed to have this cousin and her family come stay with us last year for a brief visit.

I decided to combine the colors for a Simon Say Stamp contest on Paper Craft Planet. We were to use Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery and either Blush or Cameo Coral.


I just got some new K&Company DP. I just love their line. This is called Classic. My rose is from an SU set called Roses In Winter (retired) and I stamped it several times before cutting it out and layering it. The edges were sponged with Close to Cocoa. I decided to add a bit of Micro Pearl to give just a touch of shimmer to it. Not sure I am very happy with it. I also layered lace on top of some Offray ribbon. The sentiment is a Sizzlet tag from SU called Lots of Tags. LOVE these. I cut out 2 so that I could raise the center panel.

That's it for today. It has taken me about 5 hours to finish writing this post since I got up late (6am:) I'm babysitting today and between feeding kids and checking on them outside every 5 minutes while taking care of an infant it's taken me awhile. So let me just give you the details.

What's In It?
Stamps: Roses In Winter, Thoughts and Prayers (SU)
Ink: Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery
Paper: K&Co classic, Heidi Grace DP, Vanilla,
Other: Swirl..Lots of Tags...Leaf Sizzlets (all SU), Micro Pearl, sponge, dimensionals, lace (TPS), Lace Doily punch (MS)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous!! I love the flower with the fun flourish design around it!! ;) HUGS

ellepaulette said...

This is soooo lovely! Wow!