Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Celebrate The Little Stuff

Wow! It seems that my time is not my own right now. My posts seem to be farther apart. My time creating seems to be less and less. I know that in a few days that will change. My kids will be heading back to school. There are still so many things we didn't get to do that we wanted.

TIME....there's never enough...no matter how much you have.

I'm going to try and take the advice of my card today and "Celebrate.....the little stuff!"

Next Tuesday we will have a small Pizza Party with the kids before they head off to school the next day. Ice Cream will also be on the menu. I had this idea for this card while I slept. It woke me up at 5 am. Didn't get to finish it til a bit ago. It's my Work It Girl Wednesday on Thursday. I hope to get back into my stamping routine soon. Summer is always tough to follow any routine.

My challenge to you this weekend is to Celebrate something small. Find the good in your day and make it an occasion. Since all the kids are fighting, I think an ice cream cone may be as good as it gets today. That's good enough for ME:)


In case you hadn't guessed, the inside says "the little stuff."

The ice cream cone was stamped several times and layered with dimensionals. I added crystal effects to the cherry and around the edges of the ice cream. Dazzling diamonds was added to the edges too!

What's In It?
Stamps: Unity June KOTM, Technique Tuesday Everyday Words by Ali Edwards
Ink: baja breeze, so saffron, memento rich cocoa, riding hood red
Paper: Slumber Party DP, White
Other: Satin ribbon (walmart), corner rounder, Janome Sew Mini, dimensionals, dazzling diamonds, crystal effects, swiss dots EF, cuttlebug



I really hope to have something for you tomorrow. We'll cross our fingers;)

4 comments:

Paula said...

What a super yummy card...what fun!

Aunt Linda said...

Well You sure hit it right. I was just sitting here feeling sorry for myself and now I am gonna go celebrate that I have a house to clean......God bless your heart. Aunt Linda

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Thanks for the reminder to celebrate the little things and not let the kids fighting get the best of me!

Rachel Bleich said...

Sorry, wrong user signed in...the previous comment was from me!