Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pretty Flower Thank You

I love these flowers from Verve. They remind me of Black-Eyed Susans. I still haven't actually created anything using them that way. They went perfectly with this paper I got from the Digichick called "Sweetie Pie." I spent a lot of time on Thursday printing off various digital papers. I was so excited to find out at Office Max that I could buy Presentation Paper and get another pack for 2 cents. I figured Presentation Paper must be pretty close to Brochure Paper, which is what I wanted to buy. UH, NO! It is much thinner than I thought. So while it prints veryy nicely, it doesn't have the "substance" I was looking for. Another instance of "When A Deals Not A Deal."

This card also started out using Taylor's Sketch and then took a different turn. I hope to try and make another card actually USING the sketch this weekend. LOL. Go check out her blog for some inspiration.

I really miss the days of actually sitting here and "blogging." Telling you stories and sharing pictures of our life. It's just too busy right now. I'm off to a get ready for a football game. The first REAL game of the season.

I'll be back tomorrow with a Stamptacular Sunday Challenge card. I'm pretty proud of the idea so check back for that. Hopefully next week I can share some fun pictures and the projects I've started and have yet to finish. Stay tuned!

What's In It?
Stamps: Wishful Elegance, Wonderful Words (SU)
Ink: Brilliance Black
Paper: Sweetie Pie digital, DCWV yellow textured, white
Other: Pure Color Pencils, Copics, baby oil, corner rounder, Ric Rac, Soft Subltes Brads, Stickles, dimensionals

1 comment:

Barb said...

This is so pretty & delicate, love the way you colored the flowers. Barb