Quote of the Week

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Friday, August 7, 2009

It's My Lucky Day!

I've been having issues with my internet service this morning so my post is a bit late. That's ok though because I opened my email to find out that I WON an assortment of stuff from Paper Crafts Magazine! You can see the link with my name at the end HERE. WOOHOO! Love random.org...today at least:) And to make my day even better my hubby is taking my son to the movies. I will get a good 2 1/2 hours to MYSELF. It will be spent doing a bit of cleaning, but still, the sound of SILENCE. Ohh, Ahh! Can you dig it? It will be short lived though. I promised we would go play tennis before football practice. I WISH I had this kid's energy! Especially since I'm sure we will just be chasing balls around the tennis courts. We don't REALLY know how to play. I just hope no one is on the court next to us. They will totally HATE us~

Well, I did make a few cards this morning. One I will have to wait to show you. The other is one I made "just for fun." You know, no sketches, color combos or any rules to follow. I used the new Bermuda Bay color from SU. I combined a bunch of different stamps to make this. Since I'm still getting used to the color I wasn't sure what other color to use with it. White is always good.


I really loved the way this turned out. I had this long white card "reject" from another project and I just couldn't let it go to waste. It's a bit hard to see, but it's scored in a half inch all the way around. I also embossed it with a stylus and my mat pack piercing template. The panel of bermuda bay is covered with some vellum cardstock. I used a technique and some supplies that I love, but haven't used in a long time.... Embossing and Vellum. The center heart was embossed with white EP onto glossy cardstock. Then just rub the Bermuda Bay ink all around it. That gives it a more subtle color.

Here's What's In It!

Stamps: Anniversary Birds (Verve), Always, Full of Life ( SU)
Ink: Versamark, White Craft, Bermuda Bay
Paper: White, Bermuda Bay, Vellum cardstock, Glossy
Other: Bermuda Bay ribbon, scalloped edge punch, white EP, mat pack, stylus, glue dots, flower, heart button, scalloped circle nesties, swiss dots EF, dimensionals


OOPS! Forgot to show the INSIDE:)

Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the simplicity of this card Nikki